Chapter 38

(Sloane's POV)

I woke up to a dark cavernous room that barely held any light. To be honest I was sort of freaking out because of how suffocating it was. Magic. Magic was everywhere and it was damn painful. 

"Sloane," a soft voice that sounded a bit far away, like there was interference, whispered to her.

"Isbal?" My voice seemed swallowed by the thick magic around me. 

"Shh. Let me talk. You're--- a pocket-----Shadow Realm. - can't reach--- some reason. He's blocking--. Trying to--- God's Realm."

Fuck. What kind of shit was this? Okay let's review what he said. Since it was the Dark Fae who knocked my ass out he's probably trying to do something to get to the God's Realm. I'm in a pocket dimension? Part of the Shadow Realm? Honestly I don't know what he was saying there. But I did get the fact that he couldn't reach us. 
I was just thankful Isbal laid off the cussing. Would've been a million times more difficult to understand his dumb ass. 

He was completely gone now. It felt as if the magic had shoved him out of where ever the hell I was so we couldn't communicate. Made me rather leery on where the fuck I was and how someone could block a God. 

"You've awaken. Good. It's almost time and I still need to prep you."

The voice seemed to swirl around in this magic hell I was currently in. 

I opened my mouth to talk and coughed as magic seemed to choke my throat. It took me a few seconds to breathe through it and barely get out, "What.. want?"

"Hmm? Yes, very well, I shall fill you in. You're the last component I'll need in order to open the bridge into the God's Realm. Currently we are ina separate space inside of the Shadow Realm."

"How.. here?" Talking was becoming a real bitch but I really needed that one answered. People with physical bodies can't enter the Shadow Realm. 

"Because of you my dear."

"Me?"

He chuckled. "You don't know? Well, I won't tell you then. Let it be a surprise. I know you won't do this willingly so I'll need to just use his ability."

The magic almost seethed in anger around me and his voice became deeper, laced with an archaic feeling. "I, the darkness that fills the void, the bearer of all that hides from the light, creator of the Slaugh; recall a Favor that you, Sloane Kristine Abernath, Hybrid, favored with the Mark of Death, God Slayer; bequeathed upon me."

Something slithered inside of me and it felt as if I was no longer in control of my body. 

"Open the Bridge to the God's Realm," his voice snaked through me and curled inside where I couldn't reach. 

My magic begun to slip from my skin, scaring the hell out of me. My pores opened, allowing blood to run in rivers from me. If I could see myself I was sure I'd resemble Carrie at the moment. Words I didn't understand filtered through my mouth and there was no way to stop it. 

While my body was working on auto pilot, my mind was trying to function and figure out how the hell to get out of this situation. How could he call in a favor? I never owed him one. I'm sure I would definitely remember. The only person I owed was Finn but for some reason I knew this guy wasn't him. It was just a gut feeling. 

"I haven't talked to anyone in a while," he spoke up casually as if I wasn't bloody and chanting in another language, "You know, it's not like I'm doing anything bad. Sure I had to make a lot of sacrifices but it was a good cause. If the person you loved was killed, I'm sure you'd do the same thing."