Chapter 15

VIEWER DISCRETION: 18+ Sexual Content

(Sloane POV)

Yet again I was parked in front of Dimitri's club Cascade. And yet again, he had still yet to fix the damned sign flickering blood red across the parking lot. I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that his club looked like an abandoned warehouse but to each their own.

As I looked down at myself I realized I was still wearing my baggy white t-shirt and black jeans from this morning. So much for going for that bad ass look. Here's to hoping I scared the monsters away with my filthy mouth since the clothes were as inviting as a virgin on her wedding night. Why not wear a neon light instead of a white shirt in front of the vampires.

It's not like clothes can really stop bad things from happening but I'd have rather blended in than stand out. Everyone would be wearing darker colors. As much as it pains me to admit, vampires were kind of cliche'd like that. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my dark clothing as well but it's the only color that allowed our predator to blend into the night as we hunted.

You wouldn't be able to hear any of the club noises from this side of the door but I knew once I opened it the sound would wash over me. Before I reached it though I had that feeling though. The same one I had felt before when the Fire Coven was massacred. That sent a chill down my spine.

I quickly whipped out my cellphone, diregarding the many eyes reflecting silver aimed towards me, before I dialed my Auntie B.

"Why, if it isn't my wayward niece. Might I add that I was just about to go to bed missy so this had better be important. Important enough for me to not put you over my knee like when you were a child."

Had I not been trying to keep my skin safely intact as it tried to crawl off of me, I'd have probably rolled my eyes. My heart pounded in my throat as I felt like the air was cut off from me as I gasped for breath to answer her.

"Auntie.. B," I said through swallowed gasps of air, "Something bad... is going to... happen. I've got the... same feeling as when the.. Fire Coven was all slaughtered. Please.. warn everyone in the circle's."

From the other side of the phone I could practically hear her brain whirring to keep up with my choppy explanation. Plus, she was rubbing her hair to all hell from what I could hear.

"I'll be sure to send an emergency alert for everyone to reinforce their spells."

"Auntie B, make sure they also ward the floor. Most times we don't think something can come in through the floor."

It seems that when your brain is deprived of oxygen you begin to think of things in rapid succession.

"Will do, sweetie. Calm yourself down and don't worry yourself to death. I'll call you in an hour to let you know if anything has happened."

She hung up before I could respond. When I glanced up there were some Vampires that had decided to shift closer towards me. Probably because the fear that had leaked out of my skin was a sort of aphrodisiac to our kind. Sort of like an appetizer for the full course. I made sure to glare at all of them and allow my eyes to glow with my power before turning and opening the club door.

I'd been right. The clubs music nearly burst my ear drum even with another door blocking the entrance.

A new bouncer from the last one stood in front of the door and this one was female. Her hair was slicked back in a tight bun of blonde. Had she been wearing glasses she'd look like a librarian with her pencil skirt and suit jacket. The power coming off her though made me sure that no one in their right mind would try to fuck with her. She inclined her head as I walked past her to push open the door.