Chapter 18

"Are we really in the Vampire's Compound?" She whispered as her eyes kept plastered on every move Dimitri did.

In that moment, the thought of my sister's impendiing death curbed my mating urge so I didn't feel like stripping Celise at the moment.

"Looks that way," I replied just as I saw Dimitri stand up again and pick Sloane's prone body up into his arms. He strode out of the room without speaking to either of us.

We ran to keep up and I couldn't help but open my mouth as we pounded down the tiled hallway and a set of stairs heading down further into the ground.

"Where are we going? Did you figure out what's wrong with her?"

He responded with a grunt which didn't give me any conclusive answers. We'd been going Vampire fast so that meant I'd had to carry Celise in order for the both of us to keep stride with the Master Vampire. I still lagged behind with him being older than me.

Before long we were in a place I hadn't expected him to bring my half dead sister. The Dungeon. Blood, fear, pain, and perferated intestines mixed together creating almost a physical wall as we stepped through a silver lined door. It opened easily but by the indentation on the floor left in its wake, this door was quite heavy.

As soon as we walked inside I realized the wall of smell indicating the gore around us behind celled doors, began to slowly lessen. It was subtle at first and then I realized that currents of blood red magic in the air were spiraling towards Dimitri. At first I didn't know what was happening and the screeching inside the cells that had started up warned me that nothing good was taking place.

Then I realized that the magic was pouring into Sloane and decided to shut my mouth. Dimitri had a sort of grim look on his face; I was with him on that one. If my sister needed to stand in a dungeon filled with half dead people in order to stay alive.. well I didn't think she'd be happy about it. After 15 minutes, in which some of the screeching had stopped, the magic began to subside from pouring into her body.

Sloane's eyelashes began to flutter before she peaked her eyes up at Dimitri.

"I thought we already went over the fact that we'd not be addressing the sex we had in the office," she grumbled groggily as she tried to escape his armed grip on her body. Her grunt of protest at being held tighter didn't escape me and that's when I finally realized that my sister was covered in Vampire bites.

My anger began to rise and the wolf inside of me began to claw at my insides. Celise squeaked as I had begun to squeeze her in my absent minded state of fury.

"Jared, you're hurting me," she pushed out between pants of pain. My eyes zeroed in on her rose tinted lips parted close to my face. Unfortunately at that time Sloane had somehow escaped from Dimitri and landed on the floor in a pile of squirming pain.

"Fuck, shit, Dimitri you asshole. That hurt like balls stuck to a frozen pole!"

Ah, yes. My lovely sister. What great descriptive adjectives. I released Celise and begun walking to Sloane and tried helping her up. When she realized that Celise and I were there a blush flushed across half her body. Her trying to cover the telling marks of what had happened made my anger rise again. Before I could stop myself, I'd turned on Dimitri and swung a fist at his face.

Best to think about the power difference the next time you go up against another person. Sure, I was a hybrid and by rights had a lot of power reserved but for a Vampire over 1000 years old and made at that.. they had a lot more stored up. Not to mention that their body was nearly impervious to pain as opposed to those of us who are born Vampires. Something about their nerves being dead only working if they wanted them to function, such as during sex. I doubted he wanted to feel the impact of a fist to the face.