Chapter 37

(Jared's POV) 

Vaguely I could feel and see what Sloane was seeing and when the man had appeared for a brief moment everyone gasped in surprise. Things ended up just getting really awkward and weird. We could see Sloane being gripped and blood begin to fall from wounds appearing on her back but the man had vanished. When she jumped into the air with her legs wrapped around where he had been and began to literally make out with nothing I just closed my eyes. 

It was bad enough seeing her and Dimitri together but this was a literal invisible person. Sure we had seen the attractive man for a split second but .. he wasn't there anymore and my sister just looked weird. A crowd had begun to stop and watch her as if this was part of the show. 

Something that had elbows facing the opposite way as well as knees was crawling on the ground and flicking a forked tongue as if trying to see with taste. It drew my attention because it was munching on what I was sure was a child of a brownie. Disgusting. The thing kept gnawing on the child's thigh with it dragging along with it. Stringy tendons, puddles of blood and torn muscle lay in pieces as it indiscriminately gnawed on it's 'food'.
Celise ended up noticing and growled at it when it begun to crawl its way towards our group. I wanted to just hurry up and try to find Celise something to eat and hopefully it wasn't a person. 

"SLOANE," I shouted to my sister and it seemed to break whatever the hell was going on with her. 

She fell right on her ass with her back slamming the ground, knocking the breath from her. I winced at the pain I could feel from it. Actually I had noticed something that truly worried me. Her magic was changing and on top of it there was something that had slithered inside of her. Another type of magic but I wasn't sure if it was good or bad. Could her body handle all of it?

Celise jerked out of my arms with a snarl which I hadn't been expecting because I'd been focused on my sister. Glancing towards her she had her teeth sunk into the things face as it screeched. Its arms began to lift and claw at her but she dodged away from it. The thing let go of the child and followed after her figure but Celise was surprisingly fast and got behind it before jumping on top. Her fangs sunk into the back of it's head and tore through the exoskeleton before bursting into it's insides. 

She seemed to find it was tasty and began to ferociously tear chunks out of it. 

"Ah, she has found a Heathen. Nasty creatures but a delicacy among the Shifters." Dimitri spoke up and I watched as his vision had briefly glanced at Celise before redirecting anger towards Sloane. 

"Is there anyway you can check to see if that Dark Fae traveled down here," Sloane asked as she walked up dusting herself off and completely ignoring the anger practically fuming off the Master Vampire. She acted as if nothing just happened and I was congratulating her on the amazing adaptability she had. 

Dimitri stared at her for a while before giving a response. 

(Sloane's POV)

I thought I was doing a rather good job pretending like my dumb ass hadn't been floating in the air dry humping Susan Storm** with her clothes off. Wouldn't mind if it were the J.A. version. Ah, why the hell is Dimitri so damn pissed off. 

"Is there anyway you can check to see if that Dark Fae traveled down here," I avoided his eyes and begun to dust the shit off that clung to me from the ground. Ugh. There was some nasty shit on the ground. What the fuck was Cece eating. Um? Is Dimitri going to answer or maybe he's waiting for me to look at him? Nah. I'll just pretend like I'm too busy dusting my clothes. 

"Yes. It will take a bit though since it requires more magic that I currently seem to be in need of. Would you offer up your blood in compensation?"