Chapter 22

(Jared POV)

It took a while for Sloane to finally make it into her room after having to have Isbal clear a path for her. So by the time we'd made it towards the office, we'd already had to cancel two more appointments. At this rate I was sure that our clients were going to stop coming to us.

Sloane had suggested that instead of working for humans we would profit more catering to Supernatural cases. Which wasn't a bad idea but the payments would probably not consist solely of money. Though I'm sure anything given to us could be sold in exchange for some.

This was something to be decided another day. Right now I was worried about something else.

"Sloane, you can't just bring Isbal into work. He sticks out like a sore thumb," I attempted to persuade her again.

"Sissy boy! Don't think this Godly being is like you with shitty abilities. If I don't want these ants to see my sexy body than they won't."

I'd noticed that his cursing was beginning to quiet down a bit. No less verbal abuse flung our way but at least he was giving logical explanations we could follow.

After that I left them to their own devices. Back in my office I began to sort out the mass of paperwork I'd forgotten to tidy up yesterday. Trying to avoid the office saturated in Celise's scent had been the only thing pounding in my head as my last client had left.

By the time I politely sent the last client out the door, the sun had already set and I felt frustrated. The moon was out in all its glory practically mocking the wolf inside my body. Thankfully I wasn't controlled with the Werewolve's instincts.

The Coven was in a neighborhood that seemed to come right out of a picturesque advertisement. Most of the houses were identical and hard to distinguish one from the next. I'd have thought robots lived in the place if I didn't know that surfaces were deceiving. It was extremely quiet; not a single child or teenager running around playing. Not that there weren't children in the Coven but much like other Supernatural creatures, it was difficult to reproduce.

Although Mage's body is closely similar to a Human's body, the ammount of magic coursing through our blood acts as a type of constant birth control of sorts. I've seen researched studies on why each Supernatural had problems conceiving and it's largely assumed it has something to do with the magic in every body.

Humans sometimes believe themselves infertile but will randomly spring out a child, usually shocking them. This is another example of the magic within their bodies preventing them from conceiving. When the magic is depleted enough, a baby is created. Imagine a couple having rigorous sex multiple days in a row, it's bound to exhaust the energy inside of them. During that time, sometimes a baby can be made.

I'm not to sure about the scientific aspects though, just that if you have a lot of sex, drain the magic sustaining your body, a baby is born. In simple terms.

I pulled my car into the driveway with a light blue VW bug in the front. One of the only colored cars on the entire block. There was no need to bother locking up my car, so I proceeded to head to the front door. Before I reached, it was pulled open to reveal an older looking woman with silver purple hair.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes, dear," Auntie Beau exclaimed as I gave her a smile.

"Nice to see you as well. You look more beautiful every time I visit."

She slapped my arm before pulling me into a hug.

"I've just finished with a batch of my famous cookies."

By famous, it would be better to say natorious. Not because they were the best cookies ever made but because of the ingredients. It's better not to think about what was in them.