Chapter 8

A phone was ringing. At least I think it was a phone because to be honest there was a lot of noise ricocheting off the walls in our house. I realized our house phone and both cellphones were ringing.

Wearily I rubbed sleep from my eyes before snatching my phone up.

"What," I snapped.

"Calm down, kitten. I was just calling to see if you've heard from your aunt?"

It took a couple of minutes to realize that I was speaking to Cane. Don't really know how I could've not known that since he had been the last person I'd spoken to before passing out.

"No. You just woke me up though," glancing down I realized I'd had at most three hours sleep, "It had better be good or I'm going to kill you."

Usually he'd have chuckled at my snark but he continued in a serious tone. "Something happened last night. Something unexpected and difficult to make sense of."

"Hit me with it," I sighed away my missing hours of sleep.

"Jezzebel's Coven has completely vanished."

That got my attention and suddenly I was completely awake. "What do you mean vanished? Their houses are gone too? Or do you mean they left town?"

"No Sloane. I mean vanished. Someone went over to one of their houses and whole dinners were left on the table half eaten. Things were carelessly dropped in other places. It was almost as if they just vanished from where they stood."

"Those things could be explained away with a simple kidnapping. Why do you sound as if they were beamed up to an alien mother ship?"

"Maybe it's something close to that," he mumbled before continuing, "Their clothes were left behind in piles. Where ever they are, they're completely nude."

"Well this just keeps getting better and better."

My door opened, that's when I realized the ringing had stopped around the house. Cece walked into my room and crawled into my bed. She calmly waited for me to give her the details on what was going on. I guess the noise had woken her up as well. When I signaled with my finger in a circle, meaning 'why'd the ringing stop' she aimed a thumb next door to Jared's room. Seems my brother was awake as well.

"How do you even know about this," I asked Cane as I realized that I was getting information on a Mage Coven by the Alpha Werewolf.

"One of my Pack members was dating someone from Jezzebel's Coven. I've got a hysterical wolf on my hands. Just called to see if you had anymore information on this than I did."

He sounded worried which made me feel bad that I hadn't gotten any information for him.

"Sorry, Cane. I'll get in touch with you when I find out anything. Jared might know something though since he also got a call. Give me a half hour to give you a call."

We hung up. Cece lay there with a demand in her eyes to know what the hell was going on. "One of the Coven's completely disappeared. As in, Alien abduction disappeared with empty clothing left in piles."

Cece looked horrified. "There's actually Aliens?!"

"Not that I know of. Which means this is extra strange." Before I could get off the bed my brother was already standing there.

"Did you get anything that I didn't?"

Jared walked over to my king size bed and plopped down. The news seemed to have distracted him from the smell of Cece. I still worried about it though.

"Aunt Beatrix called me on my cellphone and Clarise called the house to leave a message."

My frown etched itself across my face. "Why the hell did the representative for the ancients call our house? I've never even met the chick, have you?"