Chapter 7

POV: (Sloane)

Lights were on in the living room as I pulled up to the house, letting me know that the house was still awake. I'd felt bad about leaving Jared and Cece alone together especially when I knew Jared was so against the mate idea. Here's to hoping he wasn't being an asshole. I grabbed my bag before scooting out of the door to my car.

Nightlife buzzed around me as I made my way to the front door. A chill ran down my spine which stopped me short. I looked up into the night sky riddled with blinking stars. Something bad hung on the air, letting me have a terrible premonition. My keys were in the door before I even thought about it and I'd burst into the house hurriedly.

"Are you alright?"

My head snapped in the direction that the voice had spoken from- Cece stood wide eyed looking at me.

I hurriedly ran to her, turning her around to scan her body for anything out of place. A sigh slipped free of my mouth before I hugged her tightly.

"Where's Jared? He left you here alone?!" When I'd stepped inside I could smell only Cece.

"He's with Cane and the Wolve's but said he'd be back in a little bit. What's wrong? You came in all wild eyed like you'd had a little too much to drink."

She began rubbing my arm that had fallen to my side once I calmed down a bit.

"I'm not exactly positive. When I was walking up to the house I had a sense of dread crash over me. Maybe I was just overthinking things," I said as I tried to shake off the fear from earlier. When I looked at my phone it was nearly one in the morning already.

"You're not going to make us work in a couple of hours, right? Of course my best friend wouldn't dare try to kill me with lack of sleep," she eyed me warily with her bright blue eyes.

"If we go into work late, I'd have to call Candy and Bret and make them come in late too. If I were them, I'd be pissed to get woken up by my boss in the middle of the night."

Cece gave a dramatic sigh and fell back on to the couch. "Please! I just told you Jared had called and said he was going over to see all the Wolves. They're definitely awake."

"Fine. But I still have a lot to figure out. Damn it! That reminds me. I forgot to ask Dimitri to give me the contact info on his people that he is going to have join our little Supernatural cohabitation to police our kind."

I'd planned on walking to the kitchen to grab a water bottle but Cece sprung up from the couch into my path. "Ah! I forgot to tell you my brilliant idea!"

Her multicolored dreads hung to her shoulder blades in a bright rainbow as she smiled a cheshire cat smile at me.

"We should name this little group police, S.P.A.R.C.! Also pronounced the Spark Task Force."

"Why would I name it sparc? What does that even stand for?"

"Supernatural Police and Resources Company! It's amazing! I'm a genius if I do say so myself," she began to pat herself literally on the back as she winked at me.

I gave her my best dead pan look but it didn't stick as I began to laugh. "Actually that's not such a bad name for it. I've been just calling it the Supernatural police group activity pretty much. Glad we've given it an offcial name. Now we can even make a brochure and start handing it out."

"Are you being serious or was that sarcasm? I really can't tell."

She followed me into the kitchen as I reached into the fridge and grabbed a bottle. "I was being completely serious. It's frustrating having to constantly repeat myself with every person I meet with to discuss this crap. I'm actually beginning to feel like a door to door salesman."