Chapter 33

A/N: You guys should listen to this song it really kind of fits to this scene in my head at least. Hmm. Anyways, I believe that this book will come to a conclusion at least within the next 10 chapters or so. I'll probably take a break before writing a second book where I'll continue writing my other books. It's rather difficult formulating an entire plot that'll hold someone's interest. 

(Sloane's POV)

The wound punctured her chest completely through; I knew I wouldn't make it to her in time. I watched as her soul slipped from its shell.

"NO DAMMIT, CECE," I screamed at her soul which looked around confused. Tears begun to stream down my face and something snapped inside of me.

Isbal had finally joined us but I ignored him because while all this shit was happening he had been no where in sight. This only pissed me off with his presence at the moment. So I ignored him as I focused on Cece.

My magic that tethered me to the ShadowRealm overtook me and began to meld together with the Blood Curse magic. Cece was just suddenly held in my hand; gripped and tethered to this Realm. I refused to allow her to leave us. My brother had gone into a comatose from the ripping pain of having his mate die, even if she'd been unclaimed.

Isbal begun to shout from behind me, "Hey Hey! Don't fucking do that dumb ass! She's part of my Realm now, you can't tether her here! It's against the order of things shit for brains!"

"For once Isbal, shut the fuck up," my voice was low and deadly, "You do not tell me what I can or can't do. In fact, go back to where the fuck you came from!"

My magic lashed out at the god and he screamed at the sudden assault. It wasn't that I saw what happened with my own eyes but felt it as my magic discarded the shell his Godhood was sealed inside of. Along with the release of it, he was suddenly thrust back into his Realm while cursing me. He'd tried to grab for Cece's soul but I refused to allow this asshole to take my best friend from me. 

The magic inside me had flooded my veins and along with the changes to my magic, my eyes had changed as well. If I could've seen them, I'd have realized they'd turned completely black with veins of red. I pulled on the seething mass of magic inside of veins as I yelled at Cane.

"Chain her to this Realm alongside me," my voice filled with my power and magic, "Turn her into a werewolf Cane. I know you can!"

"I don't know if it'll work, Sloane. Her hearts not beating.."

"I'LL FUCKING MAKE HER HEART BEAT, JUST FUCKING TURN HER!" I knew it was selfish since he could possibly find another mate and maybe she'd be human. It was cruel to make him turn her because of my selfishness but I wasn't thinking properly.

He nodded his head and stepped forward. The hole in her chest hadn't actually punctured her heart but just barely missed it. To change someone into a Werewolf was a two part process and a Werewolf could only change one person; which was usually reserved for their mates.

Cane half shifted and his teeth and claws lengthened before he tore into Cece's shoulder. It was more of a mauling and it looked terrible that he was doing it to an already dead body while we were surrounded by piles of mutilated zombies.

 The Second step was a bit brutal and since her heart was no longer beating I'd need to help with it. Cane drew his body back and gathered his magic, sending a wave of heat along with its emergence, before he shoved his yellow clawed hand through the chest wound to reach her dead heart.

At the same time I pulled on my blood magic so brutally that it injured me and I felt my eyes begin to bleed from the strain of trying to use so much at once. I ignored the injuries done to myself as I threw all the magic I had into pumping her blood through her heart again. This wouldn't solve it all though, especially when i looked at my hand that still held a firm grip on Cece's incorporeal hand. I'd need to tether her into her body like I had done with Isbal and since I knew how I could reverse it now I should be able to do the opposite as well.

I processed everything around me as I saw Cece's brokenhearted face when she looked to my brother. She really had no clue what the fuck had happened but she knew that he had fallen to this state because of her death. I'd also bet money she knew that I was harming myself too. The fact that both us twins loved her enough to this extent most certainly assuaged the harm done to her by her 'family'; we'd firmly replaced those assholes once and for all. 

I stopped my train of thought as I looked back to what Cane was doing. Barely a millisecond had passed as I processed everything going on with Cece. 

It was only possible after a strong feeding to fulfill the requirements to returning Cece back to her body. Isbal was a God so his soul wouldn't shred from the impact of being pushed into a solid form from his incorporeal one as opposed to Cece's soul state. As Cane's claws dug into her heart and pushed a piece of his wolf into her, I pulled harder on the magic inside of me and vomited blood as I knelt on one knee.

I realized as the magic began to solidify outside my body that it wouldn't return her to her body.

It wasn't enough. I needed more. Then I felt it; I could take their blood. The whole city was food and I could take it. I threw caution to the wind and pulled. Pulled from the humans. Pulled from the Shifters. The Mages. The Vampires who'd just fed. And it brought them pain. Screams rent the air throughout the city and still I pulled in order to save my best friend.. my sister. As well as my brother.

I screamed as their power rushed through me. I fed on their pain, fear, and the ever present chaos that always lurked beneath the surface. My magic was flung at Cece's soul and unexpectedly it carefully wrapped her within it before pushing her back into her solid form that laid prone on the ground. The impact of that much magic and her soul returning to her body literally flung Cane across the ground coughing up blood. I wasn't much better as my body was thrown back into the house; breaking the wall into dust.

My vision grew bleary and it was difficult to see through the dust that filled my field of vision but I refused to shut my eyes without seeing Cece first. Knowing if she was alive or not. I couldn't release the hold on wakefulness without knowing. Before I succumbed to darkness, finally, I saw her chest slightly rise and fall.

Success.. 

Than I heard her begin to scream and although it pained me that she was hurting I couldn't help but smile. I coughed up blood and chunks of organs that had crumbled with that much magic shoved through my system. I'd just rest my eyes for a bit. 

A/N: I worry I'm not writing enough in these chapters sometimes. Sheesh but I needed to release this chapter because the last was such a cliff hanger I thought you guys would kill me. For real for real. x,x