Chapter12

McDougal's Pub made you think of olden times pub's when electricity hadn't been invented. The outer appearance of course looked like a modern day bar but once you stepped through the door it changed. Walls made of cobblestone, sconces hung from walls flickering flames alight them, chipped wooden tables scattered throughout and a metal chandelier with large candles hung in the center of the entire room. Tonight there wasn't going to be anyone other than the SPARC members frequenting this place so as of right now it was completely silent.

Now that I thought about it, I think Cece would be one of the 'lucky' human's who get to see the place without it's glamour. My magic had covered her as we'd stepped through the threshhold so I knew she could see the place as it appeared. Finn McDougal stood behind the counter cleaning a glass mug as if not noticing us. Of course his good natured looks made me more weary of him, which meant Cece was standing behind me just in case.

"I appreciate the deal you made with me, Finn." Word of advice: Never say thank you to any of the fae, it was as binding as a deal.

He finally looked up with his molten gold eyes and gave me a smile. For an instant I could've sworn that his teeth gleamed with a predatory light but then again I might've been overthinking it.

"Anytime you want to make a deal with me, feel free. I'm more than happy to be of service."

Cece followed my steps as we made our way to the bar to sit on two wooden stools set in front of Finn. He was one of those men that you couldn't decide whether he was handsome or not. It wasn't as if he was bulky nor lanky, nor were his features sharp or soft, his hair and eyes were neither vibrant nor dull, and that was EXACTLY why I didn't like him or trust him. His glamour was so strong that I hadn't met anyone as of yet who could see past it. For all we knew he could be one of the slaugh with multiple arms, eyes, legs, and pitch black skin so dark that he'd melt into the night unseen after tearing your throat out.

Of course that could just be me projecting about the fact that Finn freaked me out and Cece seemed pretty damn calm compared to how I felt. She actually gave him a smile back. I'd have said she was hit with magic but I knew the rules of McDougal's. One of them was that no one could use magic on others inside that would effect the body or the mind. Then again Finn was the one who had made the rules so who was I to be 100 percent positive he hadn't smacked my bestie with suggestive magic?

"Has anyone else arrived yet? Oh, can I get some blood?"

Good thing about a Fae Pub that was neutral grounds was that they stocked up on anything needed. Such as blood for Vampires.

"You both are the first to arrive. Blood coming right up. And for the lovely lady?"

His voice held no accent. I couldn't even place where in the states he'd have picked up that inflection and still couldn't catch the trail. Cece giggled, actually giggled which had my mouth popping open in shock.

"Just water."

She knew that it was always best to stick with water in the presence of a fae. Thankfully she hadn't been knocked completely stupid by Finn's smile to forget that. He flashed her another smile before turning his back to us. Before I could smack Cece with some sense the door to the pub pushed open and Brent walked in, followed closely by Gary. Both walked with an unnatural graceful gait as energy simmered around them. I could practically see their wolves.

Finn set a capped bottle of water in front of Cece with a glitter in his eye before he pushed a large beer mug full of blood to me. Maybe I'd looked thirstier than I felt. It always amazed me how well stocked places like these were. Of course this wasn't the first neutral grounds 'pub' I've been to but that didn't make it any less interesting. McDougal's though was the only one that seemed to blend the old with the new best. Technology melded with rustic in a beautiful collaboration, as the beer taps were a testament to.