Chapter 8 ~ Not her

Thomas's P.o.v.

The time was getting closer to midnight and the party was still alive and as lively as ever, Annabelle had been asked to dance by each of the boys I now sat at the table watching her dance closely with John. The bastard is just trying to get on my nerves but I have no intentions of breaking into a fight with him, especially not tonight. A tap on my shoulder caused me to face whoever was standing behind me, A tall broad shouldered man stood with his arms crossed over "Mr Solomons wants to talk to you".

I felt as if everything that I had been enjoying a moment ago completely vanished from my mind and I was now back into business mode. I stood from my chair and glanced over at Annabelle making eye contact before turning around and following the man to Alfie who had managed to find himself a hiding spot in my event. I entered into one of the back rooms dimly lit with nothing but a few small lamps that laid on a desk. "Welcome mr Shelby" He spoke in an upbeat voice "I wanna have a little talk with you about business". 

I sat in the chair facing him and sighed "What do you want this time, Alfie?" I questioned emotionless. I had no interest at the moment of making deals in a semi public place where the two of us could be interrupted at any given moment. "Ive noticed you've got a new Blinder now. A  women?" I tensed up a little but remained calm as not to give away anything "I don't know what your talking about" I spoke monotonely. "If your referring to the girl dancing with the boys I can assure you she is not a Blinder".

I tried to stabilise myself "well in any case I think I'll be taking her with me" Alfie spoke rising from his seat and pouring a whiskey. "See the thing is now Thomas that I ain't ever seen a women like her before" I waited for him to finish his sentence before quickly interrupting him "Alfie you can not have her under any circumstances" I looked up at him and examined his facial reactions. His face contorted a humorous express and chuckled at my statement "I don't think you understand mate, I've already taken er". I stood from my seat and placed my hands on the table.

Alfie looked at my with concern in his eyes, I could sense that he wasn't expecting me to be protective over the girl

Alfie looked at my with concern in his eyes, I could sense that he wasn't expecting me to be protective over the girl. He must have mistaken her for some brutes daughter that worked for the company, however that is certainly not the case at all. "If You lay a single hand on her I swear to god I will send you down to hell myself" I growled sternly at him. The same man from before now walked over to Mr Solomons and whispered in his ear. "Im afraid you left your little speech too late".

I could feel the rage boiling up inside me, this wasn't supposed to happen. "So your telling me that Annabelle has been taken and harmed in the short time i've been talking with you?" I spoke through gritted teeth, bottling everything inside. "Yes I believe that is the case, Lucky for you though mate she'll be working with me now. Feel free to come and visit" He stood from his chair and I clenched my fists into a ball ready to strike him out. "Im only going to ask you once, Where have you taken her?" "She's at me office".

I picked up a glass from the table and in a blind haze of anger I threw a glass at the wall exploding seconds before I stormed out of the room in search for Annabelle

I picked up a glass from the table and in a blind haze of anger I threw a glass at the wall exploding seconds before I stormed out of the room in search for Annabelle.  The table where the boys were seated was covered in bear bottles and wine glasses, as I got closer I kicked the table over sending the glass shattering all over the floor. "What the blood hell was that for!?" Arthur demanded standing up straight "Where is she!?" I spat. "Where's who?" He looked at me quizzically before he realised who I was talking about.

"Fuck!" I yelled before punching the closest wall, "Tommy we'll find er" I shook my head "You should have been watching over her!". All the boys shrank in their seat and adjusted their hats on their heads, "Get out there now and find her" I shouted making the lot of them scramble out the door. I walked briskly out the main doors and out into the frost bitten street with my hat, coat and gloves now back on meaning I was in business. "Don't you worry I'll get those bastards, I'll find you" I muttered as I began running to the car.

After driving for 30 minutes I pulled up at a factory and jumped out of the car without a second thought

After driving for 30 minutes I pulled up at a factory and jumped out of the car without a second thought. I sprinted to the front door and kicked my way inside, I began turning a corner before I realised some of Solomons workers had herd me. "Annabelle!" I yelled at the top of my voice desperately trying to find her and hold her safely in my arms. No answer. I began sprinting in the direction of Alfies office and shouted out once more "Annabelle!" this time a blood curdling screech bellowed out from the slightly ajar door I was headed for.

Reaching the door I was knocked down due to a blow to the face which resulted in a bleeding nose and blood in my eye. I stood my ground as adrenaline took over and I eventually fought the two men off before swinging the door open. When my eyes laid upon Annabelle my stomach dropped and my heart sank. How did this happen? I slowly approached her feeling all the life inside of me drain like the colour in my face. There she laid passed out, tears streaming down her face and cuts and bruises everywhere. "What have they done..." I felt my eyes sting as tears coated them.

It had been a long time since something had managed to crack me bad enough for me to let my walls fall down and cry. I took some more closer steps running a hand through my hair as I looked at her damaged body, head to toe. "Im here now" I chocked out a whisper before gently as I could scooping her up in my arms and cautiously carrying her out of the blood covered room, straight to the car. I never understood how peoples heart break but after today I completely understand.

 I never understood how peoples heart break but after today I completely understand