Chapter 59 ~ Alone

Your P.o.v.

9:00AM - 2 Days

I rubbed my eyes awake and found myself awoken to an empty bed. The thoughts of war played on my mind sending a shiver of Anxiety through my bones. I lifted myself from the bed and threw on an oversized shirt, one of Thomas's to be exact. Today I had the entire house to myself and would be alone. No visitors, No leaving the house. Just me and the emptiness the house offered. I managed to drag myself down to the kitchen and make myself some breakfast taking in my surroundings in a sleepy daze. 

Tommy had left a note on the bedside table explaining his where about's. He needed some time to himself to connect with his roots before he forgot how it felt to be apart of something. I took a seat at the kitchen table and sipped at my drink, The house really did feel empty. As I sat I could imagine the way people would look at Tommy on his way to where ever it was he was going. People would move and shudder at his presence. But would that change after the war? would someone else need to maintain that air about the company?

 But would that change after the war? would someone else need to maintain that air about the company?

Thomas's P.o.v.

I took one of the horses from the stable and began riding at a slow trot down the old quiet streets of Birmingham. Weeping families stood huddled around each other taking advantage of their last couple of days together as a whole family. Still I managed to continue out into the streets passing by all the men, women and children who were in as much woe as I was. In a way it was comforting to know that it wouldn't just be the Shelby family that would be heavily effected by this god damned war.

As I rode I kept my thoughts to myself, not speaking to anyone or acknowledging them if they looked at me. Lost in thought I wondered if I was spending my life right. Had all these things id done been for a purpose or had they caused more harm than good. I was being forced to leave and I wouldn't be able to understand now if i looked back on all my unfinished work wether or not it was. However I did know that all I needed was a little hope. If I was going to survive a second time I damn well needed a lot of it.

Coming to the edge of the road I moved around the fence and eventually brought the horse up to a run

Coming to the edge of the road I moved around the fence and eventually brought the horse up to a run. An escape was definitely in order and there was no better place then the land I grew up on. This morning I left early and as I stood in the doorway I wanted to turn back for a moment wondering if I was about to spend my day properly. I came to the conclusion that I needed to do this if it was my last opportunity.

I managed to find a spot in the to sit for the day and loose myself in thought. I stared into the crackling fire I had created and felt the heat radiate as the wind pushed its flame towards me. I would miss this. I would soon be facing a different kind of fire. I spent the rest of the day out by the fire just thinking about anything and everything possible. I almost felt like the fire itself burning with anger and hatred for whoever was at fault. For leaving my family with the problems I have started.

I noticed someone on a horse approach from the side of me and luckily it was only Johnny Dogs

I noticed someone on a horse approach from the side of me and luckily it was only Johnny Dogs. "What are you doing Tom?" he walked over to the fire and warmed his hands as the chill of winter prickled against his fingertips. "Thinking" was all I said before he took a seat on another log that had been pulled up. "You know Tom, I think your going to be fine"  I didn't turn to face him. I knew he meant well but his seemingly kind words were only playing at the torture in my mind. "Thanks, Johnny" was all I managed to say before standing.

"Its getting late Tom, you should head home. Annabelle will be waiting for you wont she?" I looked up to the sky and sucked in a deep breath. "Do you think she will wait?" I asked as Johnny began walking away "What do you mean? Do I think she will wait through the war for you?" I nodded once closing my eyes hoping for his words to be positive. "Tom she loves you of course she will" he walked up to me and gave me a small slap on the back to raise my spirits before walking down the hill.

 "Tom she loves you of course she will" he walked up to me and gave me a small slap on the back to raise my spirits before walking down the hill

He was right I was stupid to even doubt that she would even consider leaving me especially since she wanted me to speed up the wedding. Im over thinking everything. I need to calm down and just look at what I have now and be grateful that unlike most families right now mine isn't falling apart. "Fuck" I sighed as I began walking over towards the horse and hopped back on it ready to make my way back home. Annabelle would have been bored out of her mind today. Hopefully she wont feel to badly towards me.