Chapter 71 ~ Taking over Birmingham

Your P.o.v.

The following day I woke up around 4:30 in the morning to prepare for our biggest hit yet. Thomas didn't know it yet but I was about to turn tables for everyone. I made a deal with myself I wouldn't stop until I completed what I had set out to do. I gently removed the blankets covering my bare body and walked to the bathroom attached to our bedroom and cleaned myself up in preparation for what the day had in store for us. I dressed myself in a pair black slacks, black coat, shit and signature peaky cap.

I walked back out into the bedroom and gazed at Thomas whilst he slept silently, unfortunately I was going to have to wake him from his peace. Carefully I crawled back onto the bed and began placing light butterfly kisses trailing from his collar bones to his lips. "Tommy?" I whispered softly in his ear "You have to wake up" his eyes drew open and a smile formed on his lips "your already dressed?". I smiled reflecting on the night we had spent together, "I have some business to take care of today". Thomas propped himself up with his elbow and drew me in leading me by his gentle touch for another kiss.

"Not without me your not" with that said he removed the blankets from himself and followed in doing the same thing I had done moments ago, prepare himself. I knew deep down there would be no possible way of convincing him to stay behind and let me worry about the business and it was best to let him do what he wanted. Walking back out I looked him up and down loving and missing how he dressed so smart no matter the occasion. "Do you need ammunition?" he took out his gun from his front pants pocket and checked before shaking his head no.

 "Do you need ammunition?" he took out his gun from his front pants pocket and checked before shaking his head no

The pair of us walked into the room across the hallway and woke Charlie up to get him ready for the morning. Ada would be taking care of him whilst Polly minded the shop with Michael for the day and taking care of the accounts. Arthur and John had volunteered to help with the task me and Thomas would be caring out today. I warned them that they would be riddled with sin by the time the day was over but they were still keen to help for the families protection.

Everyone was gathered down in the living room waiting for their final orders and run throughs when I noticed Thomas eyeing me from the back of the room. He was letting me know he was ready and that he wasn't going to let anything happen to me. "Alright, Listen up!" I shouted out gathering everyones attention, "Today is going to be a hard day. This is our biggest hit yet and I can't promise that everyone will make it out without getting hurt or even at all however I wont let you go unavenged".

I watched the wave of men nod their heads agreeing and understanding what I was saying and the significance the words held. Once my speech was done everyone made their way out to the cars and waiting for Thomas and myself to exit the building before giving the word to leave. I walked over to Michael gave him a pat on the back as he fixed himself up in the mirror "Good luck today" he turned to face me. "Thank you" I smiled "Take good care of my shop" I joke lightheartedly with him as I began walking out the door.

I exited the house and joined Thomas in the car and lead every one down to the meeting point where we would be collecting our weapons

I exited the house and joined Thomas in the car and lead every one down to the meeting point where we would be collecting our weapons. Driving down I noticed Thomas looking at everyone in the review mirror. "Whats wrong?" I asked as he brought the car to a stop out the front of the building "How did you do all this?" he asked watching the men file one by one into the building. "The same way you did" I slipped out of the car and began walking inside as well leaving Thomas to ponder in the car for a moment or two.

I had previously accepted the fact that I would be going to hell for what I was about to do and that there was no denying that. Not only had we intercepted weapons trying to enter the country but we had also made out own out of spare parts. Everyone was loading up and I walked around to each table examining the ammunition ensuring it hadn't been tampered with in an attempt to stop me from completing this mission. I peered through the scope of one of the homemade weapons and spied Thomas stalking around.

"I think we're ready" I spoke aloud and everyone began gearing up and marching back outside

"I think we're ready" I spoke aloud and everyone began gearing up and marching back outside. I was about to do something wrong that I knew Tommy would hate me for but I needed to make sure Charlie had someone with him when the day was done. "Tommy can you go out the back and lock up? I asked and waited for him to exit my line of vision before jogging out  to one of the loaded trucks. Both men and artillery filled the space and a single plan to take down all our threats. Thomas slowly walked back out his head snapping towards the truck as the engine started.

"What are you doing up there?" he asked looking at what I was wearing and then at the men behind and beside me. "Thomas I cant risk your life, Charlie needs you" I leaned against the door. "Are you joking? Please tell me your joking" he was starting to get mad and his stubbornness was showing. "Hop down" he demanded knowing if I stayed where I was I could be taken to my death by staying onboard the truck. "Thomas, I love you-" I began but was quickly cut off when he yelled and ran his hands through his hair knowing there was no use in persuading me.

 "Thomas, I love you-" I began but was quickly cut off when he yelled and ran his hands through his hair knowing there was no use in persuading me

Most people wouldn't have seen through his anger and would presume that he was getting mad because I wasn't following his orders. However I could see that my actions where slowly ripping his heart right out of his chest. "Just nod" was all I said before his stinging glazed eyes met mine and gave me the stern nod I wanted. He understood what it meant and it meant more than just an okay . It was his was of promising me he would love and look after Charlie no matter what and that he still loved me even though I was going to put him through hell not knowing if I was okay or not.

Finally after standing tall and continuously swearing under his breath and became silent and watched the truck start to move and go off into the distance. I signalled to him that I would be watching him and watched as the dark steel doors closed blocking him out and away from me. I took a deep breath and took a seat beside one of the boys and rested my head on their shoulder allowing a few tears to drop down before quickly wiping them away and clearing my head so that there was on two thoughts left in my head. 

Looking after the boys and taking down the enemy