Chapter 13 ~ Welcome

Your P.o.v.

I pulled the blankets around me more trying to pull them in from the empty space surrounding me. A yawn escaped my lips and I rubbed my eyes open, they still stung from the night before after I explained myself to Polly. I found the strength after a few moments to pull myself up from the bed, swinging my feet over the side they softly hit the cool floor boards. He had done it again, placed a kiss on the top of my head, I could tell. I threw on my, or rather Thomas's coat that arrived in this era in and walked slowly down the hall. 

No one else had yet awaken from their drunken slumber leaving me with a silent house illuminated by the rising sun. I passed a couple of rooms before I stopped at the door of Thomas's, the door was open and I had a clear view of where he was laying. Trying to make as little sound as possible I crept up to the side of his bed and peered down at his calm face, Returning the gesture he gave me I decided to make things slightly more personal. I left the room after planting a soft kiss on his lips, he deserved it.

I walked away from his room down the glowing corridor following the carpeted stairs down to the first level where I could shower and get myself ready for the day ahead. Today I would be moving into a new home with only myself and Thomas, I would be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit nervous. Butterflies filled my stomach as I exited the room, I managed to tip toe back up the staircase a few minutes before everyone woke up. 

As I began getting my clothes on I couldn't help but notice that the dress was extremely elegant and romantic. Polly had told me the day before that she wanted me to move into a new home feeling as confident and happy as possible, so in her mission to achieve that she bought me a brand new dress. I clasped up the last button and stood back as I looked at myself in the mirror, The dress was a pale coral tone with an over layer of thin delicate lace. The dress fit like a glove and I had to admit I didn't feel worthy of such a fine item of clothing.

...

I could now hear the echoes and roars of the Shelby brothers as I approached the kitchen half an hour later. Everyone wanted to see us to the new house to make sure it would be a safe and welcoming environment for both Thomas and Myself. I stood at the doorway hiding behind the wall just enough to cover the dress. I made eye contact with Ada and she smiled a beaming hello at me "Annabelle your awake, come sit down" she invited. "I can't" I laughed nervously, completely embarrassed over the dress I was wearing.

"Why not? are you ill?" A worried look spread across everyones face as they turned to examine me, Poll rushed to my side to ensure I was healthy. "No please don't be worried im just embarrassed" I felt a blush forming on my cheeks and all the boys raised an eyebrow. "Annabelle you look beautiful!" Poll remarked upon noticing the dress "I feel like an idiot" I pleaded with her begging not for her to drag me inside. "Have you got a new dress on?" Michael asked with a charming smile "We'd love to see it" He reassured me.

Giving in to the fact that they were bound to see me in it sooner or later I took Polls arm as she brought me to the centre of everyones attention. Ada stood up with excitement and awe as she examined the dress "Annabelle it looks beautiful on you!" she complimented. A smile lit up my face and turned to face the boys "be honest with me is it too much?". In sync all four of them shook their heads as if to say it looked stunning. "What are you lot all standing around for?" Thomas entered through the back kitchen door.

I looked away feeling the embarrassment rising again and heating my cheeks "I think I should go make sure I have everything" I spoke trying to dismiss the group of people now holding me captive in the kitchen

I looked away feeling the embarrassment rising again and heating my cheeks "I think I should go make sure I have everything" I spoke trying to dismiss the group of people now holding me captive in the kitchen. In my failed attempt at walking backwards to escape Finn blocked the doorway and chuckled as he whispered in my ear "Tommy's going to swoon when he realises". I turned to face Thomas catching his eye immediately. I could have sworn I saw a light flicker within him as if to awaken him from some kind of darkness. "What do you think?" I spoke softly.

"you look like an angel" he replied with his same beautifuly chiseled face  as always. "Thank you" I looked down at the dress and fidgeted before latching eyes on him once more "Are you ready to go?" he stood from his seat and walked towards me. "Yes, just a little nervous" I presented a half smile until Thomas linked his arm with mine. A wave of relief ran through me washing away all my anxiety "we better get going then before you change you mind" He chuckled leading me towards the motorcar. I rode in Thomas's car whilst the others went in groups of three.

...

As we came around the final bend the brick house came into view, it was breath taking. The gardens were well groomed and there was a horse stable to the left side of the building for Thomas to keep his horses there. "It looks amazing" I stared in awe as we pulled up entering through the front gates, "Wait until you see the inside" he smiled. I could tell Thomas was proud about this house, it was perfect in every way and had its own personal character and charm. Thomas exited the car and walked around my side to assist me out of the car. 

The Shelby's had already begun searching and exploring the grounds along with all its perks, Thomas linked his arms once more holding my hand gently as he lead me through the structure id now be calling home. As everyone began inspecting the downstair Thomas took me up to the second level exposing me to various different rooms. However he lead me to one of the rooms at the back of the hall and covered my eyes as we entered. "what are you doing?" I laughed knowing he now had a smile plastered on his face. 

Thomas removed his hands after leading me to the centre of the room to reviled the surprise. I couldn't believe what I was seeing "Are those?" I began to ask as I became speechless "Yes, I hope you don't mind that I took them. They're just so beautiful I thought I should display them in your room" I walked up closer to the wall examining the sketches I had drawn earlier on paper in my room back at the house. Thomas took a seat at the window examining my expressions I was showing towards my surprise.

"Tommy, your truely amazing"  as I followed the row of artworks being displayed with such elegance

"Tommy, your truely amazing"  as I followed the row of artworks being displayed with such elegance. I came across one that I had thought id lost, it was a sketch that I had lost during my stay. It was an image of Thomas smiling, a rare yet handsome sight to be seen. Beside it there was one last sketch however it wasn't one that I had done,  I could feel tear welling up in my eyes, I turned to face him "Did you draw this?". I looked at the portrait of myself smiling and held it close to my heart,  with a simple nod of his head I smiled "Your going to marry a very lucky women one day". 

My heart was swelling with happiness, I couldn't believe that someone would do something like this for me. Theres definitely something special about Mr Thomas Shelby, something that will make someone in the future extremely happy. I looked around at the room and took in all the beautiful things that he had arranged just for me, I could't even begin to thank him enough for his kind gesture.

 I looked around at the room and took in all the beautiful things that he had arranged just for me, I could't even begin to thank him enough for his kind gesture

"Maybe even you?" he muttered to himself as I continued unaware of his comment.