Chapter 14 ~ Yes or No

Your P.o.v.

I looked around my new room in awe, no one had ever done anything like this for me before. I felt a hand snaked around my waist from behind causing me to look over my shoulder, Tommy was now resting his head on my shoulder "We should go wave everyone goodbye". I nodded and turned to face him in his arms, I slipped my arms around him and held him close in an embrace "Thank you" I whispered. Thomas buried his face into my neck and mumbled "They're coming" as if on que Ada and Poll entered the room.

"What do we have here?" Ada asked with a smug face, Thomas lifted his head so that he was looking at me straight in the eyes "what do you want?" he sighed. Polly came over and separated the two of us leaving Thomas with a defeated look on his face "We just wanted to let you know that we think the house is wonderful and to say goodbye". I smiled at the two of them giving them both a hug before walking with them down to the front door. Thomas followed behind and waved goodbye to the boys who were already in the cars.

"I guess we'll see you too later" Ada smiled as Thomas helped her into the car "I guess you will" he replied as he closed the door. We watched as the car drove down the street leaving the two of us alone on the property. The two of us walked back inside and took a seat inside one of the lounge rooms, Thomas remained looking at the floor in thought "Thomas, look at me" I spoke softly. His eyes shifted looking directly at me "Why did you do all this?" I asked trying to make sense of why he did all of this.

 His eyes shifted looking directly at me "Why did you do all this?" I asked trying to make sense of why he did all of this

"I just felt it was the right thing to do" he spoke plainly looking me in the eyes. I nodded in understanding "well, what should we do now?" I asked as I walked around the room looking at all the different features. "We can do anything you like" He spoke as he moved closer examining the same items I had been looking at. "Actually can we talk about something?" I turned to face him in confusion "Talk about what?" I asked searching his face for a sign of what was bothering him.

Thomas took my hand and lead me up the staircase towards his room which was opposite my own, he reluctantly let go of my hand and took a seat behind his desk.  I was beginning to get worried about Tommy, I hadn't seen him this way before "Tommy talk to me" I pleaded trying to find out what it was that was he needed to let out. "I've been thinking a lot lately... About what other people have been telling me" I took a seat in front of him and focused on what he said. 

He took a staggered breath in and pressed his clasped hands against his mouth searching for his words. "I can't lose you-" he began "Im not going anywhere" I tried reassuring him "Annabelle when you first came here I was worried you would cause some problems" I felt my heart sink. "The only thing is I didn't count on the fact that I might love you" I lost all capability to speak, the only thing I could manage to do was look at the desk and wait for him to finish what he had to say. "I've got feelings for you, Im sorry" He choked.

I stood from my seat slowly feeling my  heart sink even more "Is that really a bad thing?" I held back the urge to cry

I stood from my seat slowly feeling my  heart sink even more "Is that really a bad thing?" I held back the urge to cry. Thomas quickly corrected himself realising he had sent the wrong message "No its not, I just know that if we were to become more something you would have a constant target on your head". I wiped my eyes walking to his bed in the right corner of the room, I took a seat and tried to do my best to calm down. Thomas sat at his desk in thought "Annabelle, how do you feel about me?" he asked.

I couldn't look at him, I was humiliated and exhausted, "Does it really matter?" I shook my head in my hands. I could hear him get out of his seat "Yes it does" Glancing over to his direction I could see him now standing awaiting my responce "I... I don't know" I couldn't say it out loud I knew my answer. He made his way over in front of me "All I need is a yes or a no" he crouched down and peered up taking in my facial expression. I nodded my head giving him the answer he needed to hear. 

I removed my hands from my face, trying to see through my blurred vision

I removed my hands from my face, trying to see through my blurred vision. A smile crept up on Tommy's face as he took my hand and held it within his "That's all I needed to know" he whispered, standing up. He gently pulled me out of my seat and held me in his arms the way we were before Ada and Polly interrupted us. "I love you" Tommy whispered in my ear sending chills up my arms "I love you too" I mumbled into his neck as I rested my head on his shoulder.

I slowly drifted apart from Tommy creating a small space between the two of us "What does this make us?" I asked with a small smile on my face. I was still in some sort of shock to the talk Thomas had with me,  I never thought someone like him would like, let alone love, someone like me. "It makes us two people that love each other" He spoke still holding my hands "I guess we've become an item?" I asked unsure how dating worked in this era. Thomas chuckled "Yes, I guess it does".

A smile crept upon my face and butterflies filled my stomach, I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I looked into Tommy's ocean like eyes. "Theres just two things that are going to be dangerous that we need to be careful of" He looked at the floor then back up at me. I paid attention to his words carefully "There are going to be some people who will try and harm you to get to me, However im going to do everything in my power to stop and prevent that from ever happening" I nodded already accepting the risks attached to this relationship. 

 I stood up tall waiting patiently for the next words that came out of his mouth

 I stood up tall waiting patiently for the next words that came out of his mouth. "Secondly-"a smirk formed on his face as he crossed his arms over his chest "We have to tell the family" A laugh escaped my mouth knowing he was right. "Yes, that could definitely be a dangerous task I joked "It will be extremely life threatening" Thomas chuckled. We spent the rest of the night together as a couple, Thomas told me who to be weary of when alone and who to avoid at all costs. He wasn't taking any chances and neither was I.