Chapter 52 ~ Insecure

Thomas's P.o.v. 

After spending the morning part of the day defending Annabelle at the Garrison I continued on doing my work. Part of which was to meet with Mr Solomons and recap over business. I walked into the bakery and was treated with respect as I was lead to his office where Alfie sat at his desk smoking a cigar. "Thomas! come in, come in!" he spoke standing from his seat directing me to sit with him. "Thank you, Mr Solomons" I closed the door behind me and took the seat offered. "How has business been?" I pulled out a smoke and lit it between my lips. 

"Business has been good, you know. No drama's. However it has come to my attention that we are in the middle of a celebration on your part" I eyed him suspiciously waiting to know what he was playing at. "Indeed there have been a few causes to celebrate lately" I stated vaguely "See I heard that our dear Annabelle is having your child, True?" he asked enthusiastically. "It is" I nodded taking a puff of my smoke. "Well in order to say congratulations I got you this" I watched as he reached to the floor and pulled out a bottle of his best whiskey and place it on the table.

 "Well in order to say congratulations I got you this" I watched as he reached to the floor and pulled out a bottle of his best whiskey and place it on the table

"Thats very kind of you, Mr Solomons" I put out my cigarette in the glass ashtray on his desk and examined the bottle. "I would like to see her again" he stated plainly "She's a very nice girl and she seems to know one of my boys" my eyes snapped up to look at him. "Not a big deal, she turned him down. I believe they are good friends still" he scratched his beard examining me as I started putting the pieces together. "Are telling me that Sam works for you" he laughed. "

"No no-" I felt relief cover me until his next words left his mouth "He's my nephew, always been a good lad keeping out of trouble" he fixed his hat. I pursed my lips in thought and nodded "What's this meeting really about?" I sat back in my seat and waited for an answer. "Nothing, Just wanted to let you know that if he gets hurt I will not hesitate to fuck up your entire business" A knock on the door interrupted me before I could speak. 

I was now standing in a defensive position ready to argue my point when one of his workers entered the room with an odd look on his face. "Whats the matter, spit it out?" Solomons asked standing from his seat and wrapping an arm around the man "There is a girl out the front and request's to see both of you" he scratched his neck. "Name?" he asked "Annabelle Winters" I pushed passed the man and began making a direct path for the front of the building. Something was off about today and it just seemed to be one bad thing after another. 

I approached the door and swiftly opened it as Solomons and the man trailed behind trying to keep up the pace. "I need to speak to you" she spoke through the mesh door which I didn't have the key to open. Solomons approached the door and I could sense that Annabelle was feeling down by the way she waved at him when he said hello. "Can I come in?" she asked and Solomon made the man let her in. I put my arm around her as she entered and lead her back to the room I was in moments before.

 I put my arm around her as she entered and lead her back to the room I was in moments before