Chapter 34 ~ Strangers

Your P.o.v.

A week and a Half had passed since the boys found me and I was back to my old self again. Business has been going well for the company and today I was going to be helping the boys out by doing some research at the library under the watchful eye of Ada. I approached the large wood carved doors and opened one as I entered the quiet library. There was study tables set up in rows and book case set up every where. I walked to the front desk which had an older women seated behind it.

Her brown hair was starting to grey and her chocolate eyes had a few lines around them "Can I help you, dear?" she asked politely. "Im looking for Ada Thorne?" I looked around as I spoke trying to spot her between the books. "You must be the Shelby girl Thomas has taken a liking to" she smirked "Ada speaks about you" she smiled "She should be on the second floor stacking books or attending the desks. I thanked the lady and began walking to the other end of the library and towards the carpeted staircase.

I climbed up the stairs one by one watching my feet, making sure I didn't trip over anything. I followed the ladies directions and sure enough I found Ada helping a young at one of the desks. The man looked to be around the same age as myself. His hair was dark brown and he had soft features that complimented his caramel eyes. I slowly walked towards the pair not wanting to interrupt their conversation. I took a seat at one of the desks opposite them and begin with the few books I had already been studying the past few days. 

Strangers P.o.v.

I was in the middle of talking to Ada about a story concept I had been thinking about when a girl about the same height as Ada walked passed and took a seat at one of the neighbouring desks. "Sam, I think its a great idea" Ada gleamed, I couldn't help but gaze over at the girl, her hair was chestnut brown and her skin was almost as white as porcelain and her eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue id ever seen. "Ada?" I spoke in hushed tones bringing her closer to me, I gazed over at the girl once more "Who's she?" a smirk popped onto her face and I knew she had the answer. 

"her name is Annabelle Winters, she's a good friend of mine and the Shelby family" I bit my lip in thought and pondered wether or not I should introduce myself

"her name is Annabelle Winters, she's a good friend of mine and the Shelby family" I bit my lip in thought and pondered wether or not I should introduce myself. "Now before you go trying anything on her I have to warn you-" she began "How do you know id try something?" I looked at her with a failing I would never do such a thing Look on my face. "You so would! I saw how you were looking at her!" she laughed in a hushed voice. "Annabelle is currently dating my brother".

Ada folded her arms and gave me a sorry smile "Which one?" I challenged ready to take my chances. With raised eyebrows she chuckled to herself "If your planning on taking Thomas on I think you should reconsider" she stood from her seat and walked over to Annabelle with a few books and began explaining what she needed to do with them. Thomas fucking Shelby!? It had to be him of all the people. "This is just my luck" I mumbled to myself, I sighed and stood up "Fuck it" I whispered walking towards her desk.

Ada was now heading down the staircase to do some other work around the library "Can I join you?" I asked politely. "Yeah sure, I see no reason why you can't" she smiled upwards at me, she took a quick glance around the room and shook her head when she noticed two people at the back of the room staring at her. "I wish they would stop that" Annabelle murmered as she looked back down at her notes. "Why are do they stare?" I raised an eyebrow "Because im dating Thomas Shelby and apparently a dangerous individual because of that" she half smiled.

"Whats your name?" she asked looking up from her notes once more "Sam Wills" I smiled. "Im Annabelle Winters" she smiled back "So what made you want to sit here?" she asked "I thought you could use a friend" I leaned on the desk "Ah, your right. I could use a one of them" she giggled. "You don't have any?" I asked confused "I mean I have the Peaky boys and the Shelby's but other than them I don't really have anyone" she looked down "Im fairly new to the area and I had to leave my old friends back home when I moved here" she looked as if she was in thought.

 "You don't have any?" I asked confused "I mean I have the Peaky boys and the Shelby's but other than them I don't really have anyone" she looked down "Im fairly new to the area and I had to leave my old friends back home when I moved here" she lo...

The two of us talked as she did her work for at least two hours. I found out that she was lonely, lived with the Shelby's, was a Peaky Blinder, Works at the Club down the road, was involved with Thomas Shelby and most importantly to me wanted a friend to just be herself around. I took this opportunity upon myself and decided that from this day on Annabelle was going to have me as a friend no matter what.

She may have a mysterious past that I didn't know much about yet and that her life was filled with multiple dangerous situations and people but I was determined to stay by her side no matter what. I felt a connection with her as we got to know each other better. "Is anyone walking you home?" "I was actually going straight to work after this" she began picking up her things and placing them under her arm "Did you want to come watch" I stood from my seat and laughed "You better show me what you've got".