Chapter 40 ~ Bite my tongue

Your P.o.v.

it was now early August and snow had began falling leaving the front door snowed in. I was now spending my day home alone, that was my plan at least until the boys decided to dig their way into the building. I was upstairs when I heard snow shovels outside the house. I began walking towards the window when I saw the gleam coming from the razors sewn into the peaked caps of the Shelby's. "What are they doing?" I murmured to myself as they slowly made their way closer to the house.

I hadn't seen them in at least three months, id been flat out with work at the club and doing research for the company and handing it in to Ada to deliver on her weekly visits to the Shelby houses. The shovels stopped and the door opened letting in some snow and the sound of boots filled the room. "Annabelle? Are you home?" Arthur called from downstairs. I didn't want to see them right now I was dead tired and needed sleep. "Im up stairs" I called out to the lot of them as I managed to drag myself down the staircase to see them.

 "Im up stairs" I called out to the lot of them as I managed to drag myself down the staircase to see them

"There she is!" John laughed. Everyone had made themselves comfortable and were spread around the room. John and Michael sat on the couch near the window, Arthur in the sitting chair beside the fire place, Finn opposite Arthur. "Where's Thomas?" I asked scanning the room "He'll be here soon" I nodded and averted my eyes from everyone. "Why haven't you been visiting?" Finn asked looking at the details on my face. "Ive just been busy is all" I lied slightly, Finn stood from his seat and put an arm around me leading me into the kitchen.

"Annabelle are you sick?" he had a concerned look on his face as he continued to examine me "I may be the youngest but I can tell when someone isn't okay". I took a seat in the rustic wooden chair in the corner of my kitchen and held my head in my hands "I am but not in the way you think" I spoke. I had deep purple bags under my eyes and had lost a fair amount of weight "Is Thomas really coming here?" I asked looking up at Finn. He nodded his head and held my hand as we reentered the living room.

John was smoking a cigar and was chuckling at a joke that Arthur had made earlier, I sat on the couch beside Michael and rested my head on his shoulder. "Everything okay?" he asked peering down at me "Im fine" I nodded against his arm. Thomas walked in through the door and closed it behind him gently not wanting to break it. His eyes landed on me and he sent everyone out of the house instantly "Everyone go home" he said as he kneeled down in front of me examining me the same was Finn had moments ago. 

Everyone except Finn left the room with a grown and I patted the seat beside me for Finn to sit on, he walked over and took up my offer

Everyone except Finn left the room with a grown and I patted the seat beside me for Finn to sit on, he walked over and took up my offer. "What happened to you?" he looked me up and down  "I just feel really tired and I can't sleep" he took my hands. "Annabelle you look sickly" I really was getting sick again... "Finn pack her a bag and put it in the car" Finn did as he was instructed and went upstair into my bedroom and began putting together a suitcase full of essential things. "Why didn't you call me?" Thomas took the seat Finn was in.

 "I didn't think anything was wrong with me and your were busy" I leaned up against him emotionally and physically fatigued. "go help Finn pack your bag and meet me in the car" he planted a kiss on my temple and walked out to the car. I did as he suggested and went upstairs and got a suitcase of things ready for my departure. Finn helped me down the stairs carrying my things and placing them in the boot of the car. I looked up and saw Thomas sitting in the drivers side of the car with his head down lost in thought.

I walked over towards the car and hopped in the passenger side "where are we going?" I asked unsure of the location I was being taken to

I walked over towards the car and hopped in the passenger side "where are we going?" I asked unsure of the location I was being taken to. "The doctors and then my house" he spoke lowly fixing his eyes on the road. Finn jumped in the backseat and the car started to drive down the tar road into the centre of Birmingham. It took us only a little over thirty minutes to get to the doctors. Thomas parked the car out the front and Finn waited in the backseat whilst Thomas escorted me into the clinical centre.

Due to the Shelby's reputation we were seen straight away and I could feel the burning stares on my back coming from the other women who knew who I was. Thomas was right I did look sickly and I almost look like a living corpse I was that pale. I was taken into another room and Thomas was told to wait outside until the examination had been completed. Fifteen minutes passes and I was now sitting in a chair feeling even worse then I was before because I knew that Thomas was about to find out my little secret.

...

The car ride to the house was silent and I was guided back up to my old room, "Finn move her things into my room" Thomas spoke sternly clearly upset by what the doctor had said to him. More so with me for not telling him about my illness. Finn paused for a moment before doing what he was told and then left quickly not wanting to overstay his welcome. I sat on his bed and looked around the room "Why am I in here and not my own room?" I questioned tiredly. "Because I need to keep an eye on you at all times" he stood in the doorway looking directly at me.

"This really isn't necessary" I went to stand before sitting down after getting a head spin. "Annabelle what did you expect me to do after finding this out?" he was shaken up and cold towards me. I knew it was because he was worried and scared that I might get worse but it still hurt a little. "I don't understand why you didn't tell me that you have a depression or that you need medication" he bit his lip. He was right I should have told him but I thought I could get away with it. It comes and goes like waves and I can't control when it hits me. I just hope he understands.

 I just hope he understands