Chapter 15 ~ Show me what you've got

Your P.o.v.

Today Thomas had arranged for the boys to come around after our talk the previous night, Thomas believed that I needed training in order to protect myself. The problem being however is that I don't like and refuse to use guns. In an act to persuade Tommy that I can defend myself against other people without a gun I have to prove it to him. A knock at the door echoed throughout the house and was soon followed  by Thomas's voice greeting his family and some close friends from the betting shop. "Annabelle are you ready?" Thomas called.

I had spent all of last night tailoring some of the clothing that Polly had gotten for me so that they were more suitable to what I was going to be doing. In all honesty I think she went overboard with how many items of clothing she had managed  to get her hands on for me. "I'll be down in just a minute" I called back, finishing off the final straps.I walked over to the mirror and took in my appearance, I found a long sleeve button up shirt which perfectly, altered a pair of pants so they were now slim fitting and quarter length and I wore a pair of sock paired with some flats.

All in all I looked pretty bad ass, not to mention I had made straps out of belts so I could hold at least four knives on my person. I nodded in approval and walked out of my room and down to the kitchen. I entered the room and caused Arthur to spray his drink all over the table "Arthur your cleaning all that" Thomas spoke not noticing me just yet. John and Michael walked into the room from the kitchens back door after having a smoke "Holy shit!" John exclaimed walking towards me.

"Look at you!" he chuckled excitedly, Tommy turned around and finally realised I was in the room "Well I couldn't exactly fight you in a dress could I?" I laughed. Thomas looked at me up and down, I could tell he impressed by the smile that had grown on his face "Well you better be prepared to lose" John joked. "Thats a shame I already had my victory speech planed, maybe you should work on what your going to say when you loose" I retorted. Arthur and the others cheered at my come back except for tommy who sat in his seat shaking his head with the smile still planted on his face.

 Arthur and the others cheered at my come back except for tommy who sat in his seat shaking his head with the smile still planted on his face

"Alright you lot, lets go out to the field" The remaining of the sitting men rose from their seats and headed out the back door into yard. Tommy walked close beside me as we followed the others to their preferred spot under one of the large trees "Don't hold back okay?" he joked. I turned and looked him dead in the eye "Believe me I wont" I fastened my pace so I was now with the others, Tommy took a seat in one of the chairs in the shade along with Arthur and the other men from the betting shop.

"What are we going to start with?" I asked eggar to start "Well I guess we should teach you how to fight" John spoke up. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow "You don't think I can fight?" My competitive side was coming out and I was determine to prove everyone wrong. "I never said that, I just meant we-" I cut him off "You don't think I can fight" Arthur and Michael chuckled at John as I corrected him. 

"Alright then-" He unfolded his arms and took his stance "Show me what you've got" I smiled knowing he would not be prepared for what was coming his way. He came towards me swinging his fists wildly, dodging every one of them I then took my chance to deliver  him an uppercut followed by a round house kick that sent him winded to the ground. "Fuck!" John explained trying his best to get his breath back and stand up to face me. I looked over towards Tommy to see his eyes wide with surprise. "How did you do that?" He asked.