Chapter 54 ~ Smoke and whiskey

Your P.o.v.

I had been advised to stay in the hospital for at least a week before returning home which gave the opportunity to get some rest and stress relief. As the hours went by I was becoming agitated and couldn't sit still, I had only just began to show and the nurses wouldn't let me leave the hospital unless someone signed me out. I glared at the women standing at the end of my bed checking my chart "Mrs Winters-" she sighed holding her chart on her hip "Giving us the evil eye wont get you out of here, you know what needs to be done".

I huffed and pulled the blanket off my legs and began walking to the telephone as soon as the women left the room. "I'll show you" I murmured clearly agitated due to the boredom. If there was anyone they wouldn't dare to mess with it would be Tommy, however he had advised the staff not to let me leave until he returned to sign me out. I was sick of waiting and I wanted to go home and just lay with Thomas by my side. Dialling the phone in his office at his house I waited for him to answer.

After two short rings he finally picked up the phone. "Hello?" he greeted "Thomas I want to go home right now" I stated. "What are you doing at the phone you should be in bed resting?" I wound the wire around my arm and leaned on the table the phone was atop of. "Tom im going mad in here" I pleaded trying to make him see how badly I wanted to come home. With a sigh he agreed to come and take me home "I have some business to get through today so im going to have to call in some backup" he halfheartedly joked.

I cocked my head to the side and waited for him to explain "What do you mean" "I mean im going to have to get Sam to take care of you whilst im gone even though i'd rather he didn't". I smirked knowing how much he hated having Sam around before saying goodbye "When will I be expecting you to come and pick me up?" I asked now excited to be going home "I should be there in half an hour, Im leaving now" we said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone and quickly made my way back into bed before one of the nurses caught me.

...

My head rested on the pillow as I stared up towards the ceiling. Every second that went by felt like an eternity waiting for Thomas to arrive. Slowly the door creaked open and a slightly damp Thomas entered the room, I practically leaped out of bed wrapping myself up in his arms as he neared the bed. "Your all signed out" he smile caressing my cheek softly "Thank you" I smiled up at him as he huddled me under his arm protectively. "It's col out there so stay close" he held warned me as we got to the front doors.

chilled to the bone I snuggled up beside him in the backseat of the car as Michael drove us back to the house. "Fun stay at the hospital?" Michael asked already knowing me answer "God no" I shook my head making Thomas chuckle. "What kind of job are you doing today?" neither of them answered and Thomas looked out the window. "Don't just sit there in silence, Someone answer me" I looked at the both of them my concern now growing. "We can't tell you" Michael piped up.

The car pulled up at the house and I very quickly got out of the car leaving the two of them in my trail. Upon entering the house I grabbed a blanket from the lounge and began walking towards the staircase so I could find out for myself what kind of a mess they would be entering this time. More importantly though to see if I could do something to help them. Tom had informed me on the ride home that Sam was already at the house waiting for me but he was going to have to wait.

I stormed up the stairs and down towards Tommy's office, the two men rushing behind me "Annabelle" Thomas called out warningly. I quickly entered the room and looked at the documents sprawled across his desk and the plans on the chalkboard. A blinder meeting had been held in here which meant this was going to be big, very big. "Thomas, tell me what the fucks about to happen" I faced him as he stood in the door frame. He placed his two hands on my sides tried to manoeuvre me out of the room.