Chapter 35 ~ Behind Closed Doors

Your P.o.v.

we arrived at the club right on time, laughing and making jokes along the way. Upon arrival Sam was taken into the main entertainment area and I was escorted into the change rooms in order to prepare myself for my performance later this evening. I put on my new dress that I had bought a couple of days ago and walked back out into the foyer. To my surprise there was more than just Sam waiting for me. John and Michael had come along to wish me luck on my first night performing. Of course they had brought dates with them.

I smiled and waved at the boys and hugged the pair of them catching Sam's eye "What are you two doing here?" I teased them. "Cant we come and visit our favourite Peaky girl?" Michael joked poking me. I laughed brightly as he poked me at my side "Is anyone else coming later tonight?" I asked hopingly. "I know Arthur is definitely going to be coming" John smiled. "Oh I have someone I want you two to meet!" I lead them over to Sam who was sipping on a drink from the bar in the corner of the room. "This is sam" I smiled.

The boys held their heads high staring at Sam, looking him up and down determining wether or not they liked him

The boys held their heads high staring at Sam, looking him up and down determining wether or not they liked him. "He's a friend of Ada's and now a friend of mine as well" I spoke realising the intensity of the stares the pair were giving off. Sam extended his hand "Nice to meet you both" he spoke kindly, I waited for one of the two of them to shake his hand. "Nice to meet you too" Michael accepted the handshake and smiled. "Seems like a good lad" he spoke as he turned to me "See you inside" they walked off and took their seats.

Sam watched as they walked away and found their seats at one of the tables. He was probably shaken up a little from how harsh they were being on him for not ever meeting them before. "Im sorry if they frightened you, they were a little too severe". "No its fine, I mean id be protective over you too" he smiled wearily "Why do you say that?" I asked puzzled. "well your eye catching" he smiled "I don't know about that but thank you, lets get you a seat" I took his arm and lead him into the room and helped him choose a seat near the front.

 "well your eye catching" he smiled "I don't know about that but thank you, lets get you a seat" I took his arm and lead him into the room and helped him choose a seat near the front

The band went through their warm ups and the boys got comfortable bragging to their dates. Sam sat and smiled at me as he continued to order another drink, he was going to need his own liquid courage tonight if he was going to last through Arthur and Johns interrogations. Arthur slowly made his way into the room entering from the side door and waved as he passed the stage. I waved back shyly as I began getting everything together. I had my guitar and keyboard set up as well as the microphone and other equipment.