Chapter 84 ~ You wound me

As I sat outside my heart breaking with each minute I stare at the photograph Mr Solomons himself walked out the back door and stood behind me. Staring into the darkness he spoke plainly. "Im willing to make you a deal" my heart sank knowing either way it wasn't going to end well for anyone.  "What do you want?" I looked up at him my mind beginning to race with all the possible things he could ask me. "Well if you remember quite a number of months ago Tom and I made a deal that I wouldn't hurt you and would give his company some extra protection".

Thinking back I do remember that happening, It wasn't a great memory and the fact I had completely blocked it out just goes to show it. "So what's the deal?" I pressed trying to cut to the import part. "Hasty are we? Well Tom didn't keep his end of the bargain so he needs to learn one way or another. So im going to give you a choice" he paused and confusion ridded my mind. He's giving me a choice? a choice of what? "Either your beloved Thomas dies. Or you do". My stomach sank as quickly as a lead balloon. 

I sat in shock repeating the words again and again in my head. Thomas or myself? After sitting for what seemed a long minute or two in silence racking my brain thinking of the right decision to make I turned to face Solomons. Eyes glassy and a hitch in my throat as I spoke my answer I gave myself  up "Myself, not Thomas". Solomons looked at my raising his eyebrow in surprise "hmm, guess it'll hurt Tom either way" he shrugged and walked back inside. My heart was pounding in my chest. My hands shook uncontrollably, then an eerily sense of calm took over me. 

I was ready to die. If it meant my family would be unharmed and that they would go on to live normal lives then I was willing to sacrifice myself. I would see them all again one day, just not in this lifetime and I was fully prepared for that. I was taken back inside into my room underground and laid in my bed and tried to imagine what my family's life would be like without me. Sure my children wouldn't have a mother and Thomas wouldn't have me but Thomas would marry again, my children would still have their father and the rest of the family to care for them and I would be there watching over them.

 Sure my children wouldn't have a mother and Thomas wouldn't have me but Thomas would marry again, my children would still have their father and the rest of the family to care for them and I would be there watching over them

Thomas's P.o.v.

I had secretly snuck out of the house to meet up with a lady whose husband worked for the devil himself. The address she had given me was out in the middle of no where, in a deserted field close the countryside. I looked like a mess when I arrived; hair messed up, blood on my jaw and a ruffed up suit. I stood with a cigarette hanging out from my mouth and tried to keep my cool. Annabelle was up to something I could feel it in my bones but what I couldn't figure out.

"I know where they are keeping her" the lady spoke looking around double checking that the area was secure. "She hasn't left Birmingham. She is still at Solomons factory" she spoke in hushed tones even though there was no one else there but myself. "And how do you know this exactly?" I looked up at her from the ground not being too trusting of her after the last few people who decided to give us information about her whereabouts. Slowly the women pulled something out of her coat pocket and opened her hand to show me what she had brought as proof.

 Slowly the women pulled something out of her coat pocket and opened her hand to show me what she had brought as proof

In her hand was a thin small gold band with a simple diamond stone in the middle. My stomach dropped and heart began pounding inside my chest. I snatched the ring from her and quickly put it in my own pocket without saying a word. That ring was Annabelle's wedding ring, It was hand crafter for her and engraved on the inside. "how did you get this?" I spat knowing that me now having her ring was not a good sign. "I had been asked to go in and see her and make sure she didn't try and escape whilst she bathed". 

"That doesn't explain how you got her ring" I waited for a better explanation. The lady sighed and shook her head "I know, your right. When I was there with he last she turned to me and asked if I could bring it to you. I couldn't say no to her". The lady looked at the ground "Mr Shelby im asking you to not shoot the messenger but Annabelle doesn't have much longer. I don't know what they have planned for her but she told me that she was would gladly sacrifice herself so her family could go on". 

What? What did this mean? Was Solomons actually going to kill her? my stomach was in knots and I nodded my head. "Thank you. You've helped a lot" the lady nodded before I quickly rushed back to the car and floored it trying to get back to the house as quickly as possible. I needed everyone with me on this and I needed to find her quickly. She was not going to be sacrificing herself so that she can pay for my mistakes. 

Thats not whats going to happen.