Chapter 85 ~ Breaking the news

As soon as I got back to the house I called for an urgent family meeting. Instantly everyone had dropped what they were doing and made their way into my home office taking their seats around the room. Before I had called everyone here I cleaned myself up in order to conceal the fact that I had been out. My hair was now nicely done and I was wearing a new suit. "Whats going on?" Polly asked looked at the almost lifeless look on my face as I stood before everyone. 

"I have news about Annabelle" Everyones eyes opened widely and shuffled in their seats wanting to know what was going on. "Are you sure its from her?" Polly asked concerned. I nodded my head and took out her wedding ring that I had been given earlier in the day, a collective gasp and sigh coming from everyone in the room. 

"Annabelle has decided to self sacrifice herself for my wrong doings" I began telling them the information I had been given and I could tell just by the looks on everyones faces how horrified they were. "As you all know this is Annabelle's wedding ring. I have been told that she doesn't have much time left. I know im asking a lot and that there is a possibility that something might happen to all of us but I need you all". Everyone in the room was still, waiting for me to give them their orders.

"I won't let her try and give herself in in order to pay for issues on my behalf, my children need their mother and as you have all been witnesses I need her to" Everyones hearts were racing with adrenalin ready to go and get her but we needed to at least have a small plan. "You know we are with you" Arthur stood giving me a pat on the back. I nodded and then proceeded to tell everyone what they needed to do and then soon after everyone left except for John.

 I nodded and then proceeded to tell everyone what they needed to do and then soon after everyone left except for John

I had a feeling he would have stayed behind. I could see that he was just as hurt as I was even more so because he knew I would get her into trouble like this. This was the entire reason why he had sent her back to the future. "John, I know how your feeling and I know its my fault but I could really use your help. Annabelle might die if we don't get there in time. Angrily John stood from his seat from my desk and hit away some documents that were piled up neatly. "Fuck's sake!" he yelled frustrated.

" I fucking knew this would happen. You couldn't just have left her alone. I tried to help her. I tried to send her back but you-" He turned around and pointed at me "You bloody wanted her for yourself so you went and brought her back. Why the fuck did you do that! she! she!" he stammered as his hands shook with fury. Shaking his head he yelled once more and punched the wall before exiting the room without addressing me. He had gotten his message across and knew that as head of the family he had to listen to what I said.

 He had gotten his message across and knew that as head of the family he had to listen to what I said

Downstairs there was pause in what everyone was doing. They could all hear John upstair absolutely raging with emotion. Everyones hearts broke a little bit knowing how badly he must have been feeling knowing that if she had stayed in the future then she would have been fine. "Im sorry" I murmured to myself looking down at the ring in my hand. There was no healing me now until I had Annabelle back in my arms. Somehow I knew how she was feeling, she would have been scared but then when she made up her mind as she usually did would have been confident in her decision.

Night fell and it began to rain heavily lining the streets with slosh and murky puddles. Arthur and myself began storming down to the factory somehow managing to get into the back without being noticed. It seemed as though fate must have been on our side tonight, at least I was counting on it anyway. As we got ourselves deeper and deeper into the factory I couldn't help but wonder what made her just turn away from me the person who loves her most in the world and sacrifice herself. 

Wouldn't she have known that would have hurt me even more? I should have been the one in this situation not her. I should have been the one to die not her. Eventually we found where she was being held and I could see her standing up against one of the brick walls, clothes clinging to her fragile frame as the rain drenched us all. I almost screamed as I saw Solomons beginning to pull the trigger. In a panic I ran desperately towards in trying to knock the gun out of his hands. 

Just as the trigger was pulled I knocked his arm slightly only moving the direction of the bullet by an inch

Just as the trigger was pulled I knocked his arm slightly only moving the direction of the bullet by an inch. Screaming I watched now from the ground as the boys scooped her up and began running her back to the cars. I was now atop of Solomons and I took the opportunity to take my revenge. Punches thrown to his face, ribs and chest left him broken boned and bloodied. I didn't stop. Almost lifeless Arthur came running over and had to physically drag me away from his limp body. "Tom! c'mon Annabelle needs you" he yelled in my ear dragging me towards the last car.

He was right, We followed the rest of the family to the nearest hospital and the whole way there I hoped to god she was going to make it.  As I was being dragged away I had seen blood dripping down the grimy brick wall where she had been shot. I did't see what she was hit but she didn't move a muscle. She wasn't scared. She was ready to die for me. Only now I hope she's prepared to live for me too.