Chapter 30 ~ Hellish thoughts

Your P.o.v.

Thomas tossed and turned in front of me murmuring in his sleep, I had no idea what he could have been dreaming about but I continued to lean in closer. I planted a small kiss on the temple of his head and began to turn around. I jolted back towards the bed when Thomas reached out and pulled me back towards the bed. "Annabelle is that you?" his voice was raspy and quiet "Yeah, did I wake you?" I asked feeling guilty "Yes but im glad you did I was worried you weren't coming home" I sat on the bed.

"Lay down" he spoke gently patting the spot beside him. I pulled my feet up and laid down facing him. "What if I can't be the man I need to be" he furrowed his brow "What do you mean?" I questioned him, stroking his hair. "What if I can't look after you? What if we loose what we have?" He spoke huskily "Thomas you know even though things get out of control im not going to leave. This is my life now, Your a part of my life now" I smiled sweetly.

"Promise your not going anywhere" he gently held my hand, it was rough from his hard labours and had a safeness about them. "I promise" he pulled me closer so that he was able to look me right in the eyes. "Even if im addicted to such a dangerous lifestyle" I nodded my head reassuring him. "I just don't want to see you upset or hurt and I can't help feel im the cause of it all" he was completely vulnerable right now. His walls were down and I could sense that when I was near his entire demeanour changes. 

"I know im difficult to deal with" he laid flat on his back and stared up at the ceiling. "Im a bit of a basket case myself" I rolled onto my back and looked in the same direction as he did. Up above us the darkness formed unrecognisable shapes and played tricks with our eyes. "we could just run away you know?" he chuckled "and where would we go?" I laughed quietly "anywhere we like" he smiled small. "We could escape this continuous hell" he lowered his eyes and gazed over at me from the corners of his eyes.

"Where did you go earlier today?" he looked at me whilst I still had my eyes fixed on the ceiling. "I didn't have a destination in min I just kept walking through the back field and ended up at Johnny's camp" I turned my head and looked at him. "you walked all the way there?" he sounded surprised "yeah I needed to clear my head for a while" he looked back up at the ceiling and remained quiet for a moment. He sat up from his laying position and I did the same, the light hit one side of his face as he looked at me "Annabelle, you know I love you right? Im not just saying it for the hell of it".

 He sat up from his laying position and I did the same, the light hit one side of his face as he looked at me "Annabelle, you know I love you right? Im not just saying it for the hell of it"

The breath hitched in my throat and I felt a tightness in my chest "I know" I hung my head playing with the white cotton sheets. He leaned close and kissed my lips softly, moving in motion I felt myself return the gesture. The pair of us became intertwined with each other for the rest of the night and I fell asleep in Thomas's arms. As the sun rose up the both of us remained sound asleep, bare under the covers.

Footsteps too light to wake us up made their way down the corridor. It was now around nine in the morning and Thomas's was expected to be downstairs about an hour or two ago. The door burst open and both Thomas and myself awoke with a fright. The sight of Arthur made Thomas pull me closer to him so that he wouldn't see my exposed body under the covers "Shit Tommy!" he yelped trying to avert his eyes. Thomas stared at the roof once more with a sigh. His peace was over "If I knew I wouldn't ave bothered you!" he spoke quickly.

Arthur turned his back to the both of us and held a hand over his eyes "We just wanted to make sure you were fine since you weren't down earlier" Arthur rushed as he headed towards the door

Arthur turned his back to the both of us and held a hand over his eyes "We just wanted to make sure you were fine since you weren't down earlier" Arthur rushed as he headed towards the door. "I'll see you downstairs" he closed the door behind him and his heavy steps could be heard almost running down the stairs. I couldn't help but let out a laugh which sent a warm smile onto Toms face. "We should get dressed" I agreed and the pair of us spent the following fifteen minutes getting ready for the day ahead of us.

Walking down the stair side by side we entered the living room where all of the Shelby family were seated eating a buffet of food. Arthur sat awkwardly eyes the pair of us in the corner of the room not knowing where else to look which sent myself into a giggle fit. "Please excuse me" I spoke to the family before I could take my seat and walked back out into the hallway to laugh everything out. "Whats the matter with her?" Michael chuckled and a smile spread on everyones faces as they wondered with confusion. "Ask Arthur" Tom replied following my out into the hallway with a chuckled.

Arthur slowly told them what had happened and a collected laugh broke out from the living room

Arthur slowly told them what had happened and a collected laugh broke out from the living room. "I think im going to take the day of today, what do you think?" Tom asked as we stood beside the window "Sounds like a fine idea. Will you be spending the day with me?" I questioned. He smiled and twirled me into his arm "Of course, who else would I take the day off for?" he laughed. "I'll take you out to see some new sights" he lead me towards the door "Id like that" I smiled.

 "I'll take you out to see some new sights" he lead me towards the door "Id like that" I smiled