Chapter 24 ~ Welcome home

Your P.o.v.

I managed to drive us back to the Shelby residence before the others caught up and hassled the pair of us for questions. The familier house brought a much needed sense of ease that took over without any hesitation. Thomas exited the car with a grin from ear to ear and came around the side of the shiny black car to help me out "I now understand why you prefer wearing pants to skirts" he commented "Whys that?" I stepped out of the car with a confused look on my face. "Because if your doing things like this a skirt is only going to slow you down" he chuckled. 

A second car pulled up moments later coming to an abrupt stop sending gravel flying and dust forming around the car. "Welcome home, ya bastard" Arthur laughed loudly almost leaping out of the car with excitement. Thomas gave a small nod and a smile in return "I couldn't leave you lot alone for too long, something might go wrong" he chuckled. Polly and the boys made their way around the car and I could see a smile playing at the edges of Polly's lips. "Nice to have you home, dear" She placed a hand on my shoulder before ushering me inside, the boys trailing slowly behind.

Poll was dressed smartly and had taken up her role as a senior adviser of the company very seriously in the time that has passed

Poll was dressed smartly and had taken up her role as a senior adviser of the company very seriously in the time that has passed. however she was still as kind hearted towards the family in her own ruff way. "You came back as well!?" Michael's face lit up instantly embracing me in a tight hug "Of corse. I couldn't leave you guys behind" I giggled at how bright his smile was. Everyone made their way to the lounge room and took their usual seats on the couches.

A maid brought out some tea and we all began sipping it before the heavy stuff came out. "So what about that driving?" Arthur winked at me making me laugh to my bashful self. "Your bloody good thats for sure" Michael added with a laugh "I try my best" I smiled looking down into my tea. "Did Thomas make any moves on you whilst we weren't there to spy on you?" John rounded the corner coming from the back part of the house where he had previously been listening in. "No, nothing happened you lot have nothing to worry about" I reassured them. 

"Why is it of any interest of yours anyway, John?" Thomas questioned him with a cold stare "Just making sure you didn't do anything she didn't like" he countered crossing his arms defensively. "Finn can you show Annabelle to the garage and show her some of the cars we have liner up that she might be able to drive around later?" Finn nodded and I followed behind him giving him a nudge to knock the growing look of worry on his face "Everything will me fine" I mouthed to him as we walked out of the room. 

Thomas's P

Thomas's P.o.v.

I watched as Annabelle's back faded into the other room with Finn by her side, He would take care of her. my gaze drifted back to John and his arms were still crossed over his chest and one of his feet was tucked behind the other as he leaned against the wall. "Are we still not done with this childishness John?" I asked him in a monotone voice. "You think you've won?" He challenged "What is going on?" Polly snapped at John "Nothing" I lowered his head and turned back around the corner and walked out to the back garden.

"Thomas explain to me this instant why John has been acting so strange. I thought the two of you sorted out this nonsense before you went ahead and followed Annabelle into the future" I stared out into the distance not being fazed at all by her words. "John just likes to try and take things that don't belong to him" I commented thinking about how this was going to present multiple challenges later if he doesn't get his act under control. "Tom, I know I have no part in this and well none of us do, its your business. But should we be worried or doing something to help?" Michael questioned.

I admired Michael's ability to sense that action needed to be taken and the way he speaks makes it sound humble and suggestive rather than demanding

I admired Michael's ability to sense that action needed to be taken and the way he speaks makes it sound humble and suggestive rather than demanding. "If you really want to help just make sure Annabelle isn't alone with John at any time. He may try and pull something" I sighed. Out of all the things I could be worrying about when I got back from my trip away this had to be it. "Business has been good by the way, some people were wondering where you and Annabelle went off to but we covered it up" I turned my head to face Polly.

"We said you were going on a business trip to some horse events to suss out the competition this year and you took Annabelle as a reward for working hard for the company" I nodded my head. This was a believable story, Im not surprised that nobody questioned it. "Im going to be making some changes in management at tomorrows meeting so I want everyone to be present and on time. Anyone who is late will be working late" I spoke as I rose from my seat. 

I began walking away with the sound of murmurs and whispering fading into the back of the room. I think its time to shake things up if any of us want to move up in the business. I walked at a slow pace in a daze as I made my way out to the garage where Finn and Annabelle were looking at al the cars. "These are amazing!" I heard Annabelle squeal from the inside of the garage. I would't go in just yet, I wouldn't want to disturb her whilst she was in her element. 

I have big plans for her abilities.