1.

* Y/N - your name
* Unless otherwise stated, the characters in this story are all fictional except for BTS

"Have you gotten the Manager's approval for your vacation leave?"

Your co-worker, Abby, asked. Working at a hospital for days on top of days can be really exhausting so as a treat for yourself, you're going on a vacation. Where to?

"YES, finally! I've been waiting for this for like, 19 years," you and Abby laugh in unison.

"Can you at least get me a souvenir? I mean,"

You cut her off. "Do you want a big apple that says NEW YORK or what? A shirt? Do you want me to take the POTUS with me for you?"

Abby giggled. She turned red. You're both 19 years old but you've been through a lot. Seeing her happy made you feel happy. She was like a sister to you after all.

"Nope. I want a boy," Abby's face went blank. You both made eye-contact.

"Well damn, we'll see about that," you reply.

"Uhm.. that was a joke?? Unless you wanna take home a really attractive idol from Korea then, by all means, girl!"

You both laughed like fools until one of your co-workers interrupted your little moment.

"When are you leaving, y/n?"

His arm wrapped your shoulders tightly, making you feel uncomfortable.

"I'm leaving right now, actually! 11:30 on the dot, see you guys in about 3 months! Abby, let's go. I'll give you a ride home," you made your way out of his arms and got your backpack from underneath the desk.

"Bye, Justin." You said, as you walked past by him. He was always weird to be around with. Boys.

You drove Abby back to her apartment.

"I'll call you when I'm at the airport!" You yelled as you waved goodbye. She nodded and waved back.

By the time you got home, it's already been past midnight. Phone in hand, you quickly called your Mom.

You don't live with your parents anymore. They don't live far away, though. An 8-hour drive, or almost an hour plane ride. Not so bad, right? Besides, you visit them every 4-6 months.

After washing up, you quickly head to your spare room to grab your suitcases. You had a 2-bedroom apartment for a reason. You always wanted everyone to feel at home.

"Since it's Fall, I might as well take my coats out. But which ones should I take.."

Your closet has always been organized in a certain way. But what's funny about it is that, more than half of your closet is a black hole. You loved black clothing too much. But, you can never have TOO much black.

Although you loved black, you also loved Fall colours. The deep, warm colours made you feel so cozy. Fall is really the most perfect time of the year.

Before bed, you decided to go on your laptop to make a playlist for your trip to New York. You searched and searched for songs to include on your list, and after an hour of listening to different songs, you finally found the song that completes your playlist.

"So Far Away, I like that. Add to playlist,"

Your best friend, Ronnie, introduced you to BTS over a month ago. You haven't stopped listening to them ever since. You clearly know very little about them but you enjoy their music. She's been meaning to convert you for the longest time and finally, you gave in.

Before going to bed, you called Ronnie. It's almost 3am already.

"What's up, excited for your trip?" She asked.

"More like nervous, actually," you replied.

"How come? Dude, you're going to New York. You should be jumping on your bed right now and chugging a bottle of champagne," That was Ronnie's way of showing affection. She never says "I love you" directly, but her jokes and actions are enough.

"My first trip alone.. and, I don't know, this feels like a dream. Why do I have a feeling that something's going to happen," you said.

"Y/N, go to sleep. You worked 16 hours yesterday and you're exhausted. Honestly can't understand why you're still alive after seeing blood from work everyday.. that's just, ughh,"

You both laugh and after, you bid her goodbye.

It's almost 4am and your flight to New York is at 5:30 this afternoon.

"Good night, and I'll see you soon, New York. Surprise me,"

And with that, you went to sleep.