47.

*NARRATOR'S POINT OF VIEW*

After the collision, Yoongi and Y/N, both bloody and broken, managed to get out of the car.

How they got out was a whole mystery.

Y/N was bleeding from head to toe, her hand stroking her belly. Blood dripped from in between her thighs and her screams were screams of guilt, helplessness and misery.

"Nami.. Yoongi, please. Nami, my baby.."

The young mother-to-be was in a complete state of shock. At that very moment, it was as if her life was stolen from her. She bled continuously, not knowing if help would ever come their way.

There was always hope for the hopeless, but to her, it seemed unavailable.

Y/N's forehead had a huge gash and her arms were deeply wounded by the broken glass.

She was not just broken; she was lost as well.

The sound of the waves crashing against the seashore used to be one of her favourite sounds but it haunted her now.

Meanwhile, the man of the family struggled to crawl towards his soon to be wife. He reached his arm out to find and hold her but the blood dripping from the cuts on his forehead were getting into his eyes. Yoongi's legs were broken and he bled so heavily that he was losing colour.

"Y/N! Y/N, Nami, I'm here.. can you hear me?" Yoongi's voice was faint but Y/N heard him well enough to yell back with all her might.

"Yoongi? Y-yoongi! Nami.. Yoongi?"

Y/N was losing her mind and Yoongi was struggling to get to her. But after a long while, they eventually found their way back to each other. Only this time, Yoongi's left eye was filled with blood, and his left hand was crushed. Shards of glass pierced through Yoongi's milky skin, and as he continuously lost blood, his fiancée was already in complete distress.

Trying to sit up, Yoongi kissed Y/N's cheek and put a hand over her growing belly. Every move was painful and all the wounds seemed to have grown bigger but he wanted to hold onto the only person he had, and the life they made together.

"Hey," Yoongi whispered. "Whatever happens, whatever happens after tonight, just know that I love you both very much.. I'm so sorry.."

And at that very moment, Yoongi lost all consciousness. The world was dark, and everything else was left in ruins. Y/N was a mess, but she couldn't understand what was going on inside her head. She clung onto Yoongi like her life depended on it, on him. A battlefield of emotions washed over her entire being, leaving her with nothing but blood and tears.

With only Nami and Yoongi on her mind, Y/N took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

Was there even a life left to live after the tragedy? One could only hope. But even hope was a thin thread to both Yoongi and Y/N now.

***

"Jin hyung, please watch over him. Hoseok.. please, call his family. Oh god, no.." Namjoon was scrambling through the duffel bag that was surprisingly still intact after the whole accident. The rescuers found the bag and a few other items before the car was completely torn apart.

"Yoongi hyung, stay with me," The maknae pleaded. Jungkook's eyes were tired and puffy from crying, but he held his brother's hand tightly, reassuring him that they won't ever leave his side no matter what. "Stay with us, hyung. Hyung, please hang in there. Okay? They're coming to help you. Okay? It will be okay, hyung. Just.. please, please stay with us."

On the other hand, Hoseok was on the phone, breaking the news to Yoongi's family. It was the hardest thing he's ever done, and that broke his heart. Hoseok's sunshine-like smile was gone. He looked at Jungkook with pain in his eyes and tried his best to hold back the tears because their youngest brother needed them, too. But he couldn't. He just couldn't hold it in any longer.

There were so many things happening all at once that Namjoon broke down in a corner, with his head slumped against his knees. He cried and cried, and cried some more, but nobody seemed to notice. He blamed himself for everything that had happened the night before. "Maybe if I followed them and made sure that they would get back safely, this wouldn't have happened," he thought.

"Namjoon," a familiar voice spoke. "It's not your fault. It's no one's fault." Seokjin, being the caring and loving hyung that he was, came to comfort Namjoon. "Get up now. Yoongi's getting treatment soon. Come on. It's okay. It will be okay."

With that being said, Namjoon nodded and gave Jin a tight hug. "Thank you, hyung." Namjoon didn't let go, and neither did Jin. They needed each other.

After the emergency staff took Yoongi to the operating room, everyone waited for Y/N's turn to get treated as well. Yoongi had more broken body parts but Y/N was pregnant and needed a different, and more complex kind of approach regarding her treatment.

Taehyung, who was very fond of his Y/N noona, stroked her belly and spoke to his unborn niece. "Little Girl," Taehyung cleared his throat before continuing. He was getting all choked up because of what had happened, and he was lost just like everyone else. "My noona is fighting for you, and so is hyunG. Promise Taetae that you'll come out strong and healthy, okay? Hold onto your Mom.. we are waiting for you, Little Girl. We are all just waiting.."

"Y/N," Jimin spoke softly. Although she couldn't hear anything, they still spoke to her as if she was having a conversation with them. "We are all waiting for you. Don't worry.."

And at that very moment, Jimin's legs grew tired. He loved and respected Yoongi, and their bond was as strong as Y/N and Ronnie's. He understood what it was like to lose someone, but he was hopeful.

"Hey.. Why are you not answering me? Y/N! You're so unfair!" Ronnie, who was also pregnant, kept fighting back the tears as she talked to Y/N. "You're so unfair.. you're so– you can't leave me here. I got pregnant, and you did too. My daughter needs a best friend. I need my best friend, so wake up, please–"

Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other in shock. Everyone was heartbroken, but hearing Ronnie say that one word he was waiting for for a while now, Jimin couldn't help but cry tears of joy. It was an unfortunate situation, but knowing that he's having a daughter gave Jimin a brand new perspective in life.

"Daughter?" Jimin asked Ronnie nervously. "It's a baby girl?"

Ronnie nodded and cried even more. She held Y/N's hand even tighter as she prayed to God for a miracle. Ronnie and Y/N had a connection so strong, that their souls were bound together by the strongest force known to man, and that was love. For years, they wept, and drifted, but no matter how much life pulled them away from each other, their souls knew that wherever one was, the other would know that it was home.

They were each others' home.

"Come on, Y/N.." Ronnie exhaled in exhaustion. As if the clock was ticking louder to drown her out of her senses, it got even harder for Ronnie to bear the fact that she might lose her best friend. Out of frustration, Ronnie started to slap Y/N's arm, hoping to feel even the slightest bit of movement from her. "YOU ARE STRONGER THAN THIS. YOU CAN'T LET GO. YOU CAN'T DO THIS. YOU CAN'T LEAVE US HERE. COME ON, ASSHOLE. WAKE UP, I CAN'T.."

Suddenly, the monitor next to Y/N beeped loudly and continuously. Her heart rate was slowing down drastically, and everything else seemed to have fallen apart.

Ronnie fought so hard to hold her best friend's hand while Jimin hugged her tightly from behind. While Taehyung stood in the middle of the room next to Kookie, in shock, Jungkook had a hand over his chest as he cried for help. Namjoon, Jin and Hoseok were holding each other for support.

It was the worst day, ever.

"Her vitals are dropping! Quickly!"

"Get her out of the room for now, please," a deep voice erupted from behind. "We are ready for her now."

"Come, Ronnie. We have to go.. it's not good for you and the baby, please," Jimin tried so hard to pull his girlfriend away from Y/N's side.

Unknowingly, as the hospital staff pushed Y/N's stretcher out into the bright hallway, a tear fell from the corner of her eye.

"I'm fighting. I promise."