Part One

Prologue:

    I murdered someone and I don't regret it. I don't regret seeing their warm blood, coating my hands. Nor do I regret slashing their throat and witnessing their artery spewing blood all over the walls. As a murderer, what right do I have to care?

(Author's Note: Writings will be short, sorry)

-----

   I watch people everyday, I sit here at the bus stop and see the same girl standing there, waiting until transportation arrives. Always wearing the same jacket, shoes and bag. Her expression never changes. It's always sad.

   Sad. A feeling of despair, loneliness, and showing sorrow. I don't know this feeling but you can see it on people's faces. You almost seem to wonder how they came to feel that way. Have you ever walked past a person and thought why they looked upset? You might have, but you didn't care for long. You only focused on the task at hand. Yourself, you selfish bastard. 

   But I watched her, without unleashing my viper tongue and speaking, I sat there, quietly observing. One day she seemed to catch on that I was looking at her. It didn't look like she minded. I stepped up to the edge of the concrete sidewalk, focusing on the sounds of my shoes scrapping against the dry rock.

   "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice, do you happen to go to Willow-Ridge High?" A soft voice said to me.  A small plastered grin appeared on my pale complex,"Indeed I do." She smiled back at me,"I may be in your class, are you in Miss Tompkins' class during first period?" "Mhm." My gaze seemed to be focused on her body movements. Her naval facing me, clearly indicating that she trusts and is making a connection  with me.

   "Oh good! I thought I recognized you from somewhere, that's why I asked." She gave me a toothy smile. Straight clean teeth, she brushes regularly. For being so charismatic, she clearly has to. Always smiling, shaking hands with people.  Hence the hand sanitizer on her bag. "Oh, I didn't catch your name." "Drew." "Nice to meet you Drew! I'm Ashly." I turned away, seeing as the bus strolled up stepping onto the bus carefully but quickly.

   I sat in the back but watched her carefully. I focused on her skin, it looked soft enough. Now you might be thinking that I thought it in a creepy way. To clarify, it seems easy to slice into then again why the hell would I care about what you think?

   I walked down the hallways, avoiding eye contact the best I could. Bullies, jocks, cheerleaders, it's all the same. Humans are all the same. Humans are such strange creatures. They all share the same mind, whether they know it or not. People are intriguing, that's why I watch them. I document their moods and actions, predicting what they're going to do next.

    I shuffled my way into first period, already tired. I slumped in a chair as I got to my table. Art Class. I can't draw but I could write well. I looked over and saw her sitting alone. Ashly. A pretty name with a pretty face. But no friends. It's always a cliche in novels and movies. Loner girls always get the guy. Pfft, it's pathetic if you ask me."

   "Attention class! For this assignment you will be working with partners, you'll be doing a sculpture out of clay. Now pair up and begin." Ashly looked my way but I darted my gaze towards the door. I work alone.  I quickly gathered supplies, stuffing them into my bag and walked to the teacher's desk.

   "May I go to the restroom?" "Sure Drew, go on ahead. Just don't forget to take the pass." I nodded and headed towards the doors. Exiting the room, I hid in the janitors closet and began sculpting. I realize I'm not the best but I can at least attempt to make a lighthouse.

   Lighthouses: Tall structures that stand its ground as waves crash around it. It stands in the calm before the storm. Surrounded by danger but it doesn't fall

   I finished the structure of the lighthouse and headed back to the classroom just as the bell was about to ring. I set my work on my desk and noticed Ashly's project. A flower. Calm and delicate, untouched. Just like her.

   I handed the pass back to Miss Tompkins. "Drew, I need to see you after class. It's important."