Part Thirty Four

I didn't speak to Ash for the rest of the day. I wasn't upset, I was annoyed. I left without her knowing and called Mikayla again. She picked me up outside the house and we drove to her house. We got inside and I saw her father laying on her couch asleep. "Am I allowed to-" "Yes, he doesn't care."
We heard to her bedroom and she took a case of beer out of her closet.
I sat on her bed, watching her sit on the floor and drink.
"Why do you drink?"
"Makes me feel numb so I can do certain things." She smirked.
Painful things?
"So tell me Vampy, why don't you drink." I could tell that she was already buzzed after three beers.
"There's no reason too. I find it a disgusting habit."
She scoffed and picked up another beer, cracking it open. "And like smoking isn't?"
"Entirely different. You destroy your liver and I blacken my lungs. We both need those things to function. I only smoke to calm down."
"You.. my good sir are and will always be a mystery to me."
I hope it stays that way.
I watched her topple over onto her side and giggle, staring at her dull white ceiling. She ruffled her skater skirt with curiosity.
"It's hot in here. Ugh.. open the window, it's behind you."
As I did what she requested, I turned back to see the skirt in the floor.
She sat back down again.
"Mm, ask me anything. I know you want to."
"Why do you cut, you never really answered me."
She told me the whole story.
She became infatuated with making herself feel pain. May it be cuts, piercing, scratches, scalpings, bruises, or burns. It gets her going. She began when she was 14, her mother and father had gotten a divorce and her father got custody. Her father worked as an electritian and one day she was messing around along the wires and got cut and shocked. Following that she began to hide razors and nails in her pockets for small cuts or punctures, this was recess. This followed suit until the guidance counciler found it to be a problem, but instead of quitting as he had hoped, she became a better hider of the marks.
That explains everything. A thrill shot throughout my body. My new toy.