Part Five

I ran from the house I fear that my Mom will take the brunt force of the whole thing. I stopped and went back behind the house to get my bag. I managed to crawl through my window and grab the bag. I could hear him cursing in the bathroom as he turned on the water. He was once a good guy, that's all my Mom would say before the accident.

I remember coming home and then being driven to the hospital. Seeing him lie in bed, sedated. Burn wounds coating his body. I held my Mother's hand tightly that day. I sat outside in the waiting room only to hear muffled voices that belonged to my Mother and the doctors.

The only word I heard was,"PTSD.". From what the doctors knew, his team was bombed and he saw his own brother's bodies blown apart, he tried to drag them out of the war-zone but it was too late until one of the bombs was set off. Almost burning him alive. We would visit him until the burns weren't as severe.

One day we caught him at his worst, the day he really broke. We brought flowers and went to say hello. He was normal until his eyes fogged over. He thrashed  around and pulled the IVs out of his arms, screaming a us. "GET HIM OUT OF HERE, HE'S NO SON OF MINE." I stood there and looked at him dead in the eyes. They all break, humans are so pathetic.

I walked out of the room just as the medical staff rushed in, trying to calm him. Mother was in tears. I just stood there and didn't comfort her when she needed it the most.