Part Thirty Seven

I left her house before she can back to the room. I lit another cigarette. It seems that her pain fixation progressed as she got older. Involving the pain in sex to make it more enjoyable. Having sex with someone is enjoyable for one thing. But this..
This was entirely different.
Involving pain with pleasure is an interesting combination. It thrills and heightens the endurance. The essential component is not the pain or
bondage itself, but rather the knowledge that one person has complete
control over the other, deciding what that person will hear, do, taste,
touch, smell and feel. She wants to be controlled.
She's sadistic.
It's an emotional release for her.
I got home and sat on the couch. Ashly's parents were home talking to her then looked at me. They walked over and stood in front of the television.
"Drew, we have some good news for you."
"Mm?"
"We're going to allow you to live with us for as long as you want."
"Oh. Thanks."
They smiled at me then hurried off to the kitchen.
Ashly came and sat next to me.
She looked away for awhile, as if in thought.
"Want to go see a movie together?"
I shrugged.
Her parents drove us to the movie theater and we bought the tickets. She bought two drinks and a large bucket of popcorn.
"You better not let me eat all this by myself."
"Eh, I won't."
We took our seats and watched previews.
I insisted that we see a scary movie. She didn't take to kindly to that but went along with it.
As the movie started we quietly whispered and laughed at the stupid parts.
"What's the point of him going into the barn alone if he knows there's a killer on the loose?"
I shrugged. I realized that I needed to upgrade my response to things.
I never understood horror films. They use the same old tactics. Friends split up, some get killed then they finally team up. One to three of the people end up surviving. The screams are all fake, I know it's part of the acting but I want to hear something real. Something fresh. I watched as the murder slashed through his victims. Maybe I should pay more attention to films so I could pick up new tactics to kill a person.
The more I watch a horror film, the more I want to slaughter someone.
It's both equally good and bad. Who the hell am I kidding? It's all good.