Part Fourteen

Two weeks had passed but they only found the gun with his fingerprints on them. They asked me if I wanted to live with a friend for awhile. I suggested Ashly. I was invited into open arms. Sure, I was uncomfortable but I needed a roof over my head. I slept in their spare bedroom and kept my head down. They had the right to inform the police if I did anything strange. Being surveillanced sucks.

I would help Ashly with her homework and she'd help me with mind. It wasn't until she asked me about the Homecoming dance, that I felt strange. I said I might go but I wasn't sure. She looked at me as if she was shot down. Mentally, I rolled my eyes.

"Would you want to go with me though?" A small smile appeared,"Yes, I really would." I felt like scoffing but stopped. She's a sweet girl, a little too sweet for my taste. Homecoming was this Saturday and I decided to tag along in the shopping spree with Ash. I sat there for two hours waiting until she finally picked a dress.

She'd come out of the dressing room and show off every dress she picked out until she put the last one on.

"It looks nice, just like the others."

"Yeah, but it makes me pop out in a crowd!" She huffed as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"Standing out is a good thing, don't go along with the ground."

She twirled around a little but looked concerned. "Tiffany is going to make fun of me though."

I set down the fashion magazine and stood up, standing next to her as we looked at our reflections in the mirror. 

"You shouldn't give a shit about what she thinks or says. It's only her opinion but your opinion matters more. It's your body and your life. You aren't trash Ash, she is." In fact, Tiff's a total trash mammal.

I patted her shoulder, then went to sit back down. Catching a glimpse of her blushing in the reflection of the mirror, I chuckled. Flipping open the magazine and continued to read the latest Celeb gossip. Ugh, Kardashian's. I could sense her looking at her reflection and feeling content with her figure. This girl.. I swear. We finally went tux shopping and it didn't take long at all.

I stepped out of the stall and turned, looking at myself in full view in front of the mirror. I could hear her jaw drop. I turned and glanced at her. "Something wrong, your jaw is on the floor." I couldn't help but smirk.

"It's took you about two minutes to find an outfit and like it. That's so not fair!" 

"That's because I'm a guy."

I changed back into my street clothes and bought the tux. A black tux with a crimson tie.