Part Twenty

The day passed quickly like I intended it to. I gathered my belongings from my locker and went behind the school, waiting until everyone else left. I leaned against the wall and checked my watch. She finally showed up. I looked at her and smirked.

"So, are you going to tell me why you self harm?"

"Excuse me?" I nodded at her sleeves.

"Your arms were bleeding and I saw some bruises."

"What's it to you?" She looked away and scratched her arm nervously.

"Nothing. I just want to know what's your reason."

She poked my chest hard,"What don't you fuck off!"

She started to walk away but I grabbed her wrist tightly and pulled her back. She looked at me with smiling eyes. It was a beginning of something, I could feel it. 

Her name was Mikayla Wensel. She was semi popular and got mediocre grades, even was in the High School band. She's a sweet girl but there was still an enigma to her. Something... off.

We talked for awhile until the sun started to set. I walked home and kept thinking about those scars. I wanted to touch them. To trace them with my fingertips. It would be interesting. I don't know how she lived with them. But she didn't seemed bothered by the scars at all. She seemed almost.. proud of them.

In a sick twisted way, I admired that.