Part Twenty Eight

I left the house shortly after contacting Mikayla. I walked to the park and sat on the bench, waiting. I saw her walk down the sidewalk and then sat next to me.
"This may sound strange. But do you have any cigarettes.. and a lighter."
She just sat back and laughed.
"So the Vampire boy smokes, huh?"
"Yes, and why is everyone calling me that?"
"I have no idea but Tiff made it up, probably because you have soulless eyes and no emotions."
I shrugged,"But do you have cigarettes and a lighter?"
She took them out of her purse and gave them to me.
I put the cancer stick between my lips and lit the end, inhaling deeply.
"Thanks." I said as I exhaled.
She chuckled,"So why did you call me here?"
"I needed to get out of the house. I felt suffocated. You get wind about the art teacher's death?"
"Yeah, and same. A lot more people are dying, it'd be wrong to say it's good thing but people die everyday. But these are murders happening in this town now."
"You don't seem too fazed." I inhaled again and blew the smoke out of my nose, ignoring the burning sensation.
As the cigarette was turning into a bud I was about to set it down on the bench to put it out but it hit her hand.
"Oh god, sorry." I noticed the burn mark on her skin.
She just shrugged it off, can she even feel pain?
"You didn't feel that?"
"Of course I did but I don't care. It's only a burn."
I smirked,"You like pain or something." I jabbed her ribs.
She bit her lip and turned her head to look at me,"So what if I do?"
I smirked even more. This is going to be fun.