Part Thirty Three

I opened my eyes and heard laughing in the kitchen. I looked down to see a blanket draped over my shoulders. I tossed it on the couch and walked to the kitchen only to see them talking and making pancakes. I leaned against the island and they turned.
"Morning Drew." Mikayla smiled at me meanwhile Ash kept her focus on the pancake in the skillet. I waved to Mikayla and opened the fridge to get some milk. I poured myself a glass and drank it quickly.
"Don't drink too quick, you'll choke." Ashly mumbled.
I glanced at her and took the plate of pancakes at Mikayla handed me.
"Go sit, we'll be right out with ours." I took a seat and began to eat once I applied the peanut butter and syrup. I dug into the soft, fluffy pancakes.
The girls sat around me and ate theirs. They talked to each other and Mikayla turned and said,"Well once I'm done with my meal I'll head out. Thanks again for allowing me to sleep over even when I was a wreak." She shyly laughed. Ashly piped up,"You can stay if you want. I don't mind." I slyly glared at Ash.
Oh really?
Mikayla spoke up,"No really, I do have to get going though. I'm supposed to meet some friends at the mall." She got up and put her dish in the sink. "Thanks for the meal and I will catch up with you two soon." She patted my shoulder and left the house.
I got up and put my dish in the sink too.
"You hadn't said a word all morning."
"Hmph." I started dishes, leaned against the counter. "What did you expect. You gave me attitude last night when I was only helping a friend. Then you turn around with bright smiles and laughter as if you're her friend now."
".. I feel like her friend now."
"Whatever." I scrubbed the dishes vigorously until they were pristine. Once dishes were washed I dried them with a towel and put them away. I walked out onto the porch at the back of the house and lit a cigarette. Leaning against the railing, I thought about how Mikayla and the lack of pain she felt. Along with what happened last night with Tiffany. I took a deep breath and blew out the smoke, watching it swirl out in front of me.