Part Fourty Four

I did the same routine as I did every morning. Classes passed by and I did my work. Lunch came around and we all sat at the same table. As the girls talked, I sat in thought.
Does he think that I killed those people?
I obviously did it.
I admit that I've gotten lazy but I covered my tracks.
Even if I asked him a million questions, he'd avoid them with lies.
I snapped out of my thoughts as Mikayla shook my arm.
"Earth to Drew, are you there?"
I blinked at her,"Yeah sorry. I didn't sleep much last night." The girls giggled at me and continued their conversation.
I wanted something.
I wanted to see if he had any dirt on me, besides my mother's death.
School ended and I asked Mikayla for a ride to the cemetery.
She didn't question why.
As we arrived. I got out of the car and saw a person who was selling flowers. I walked over and asked to buy a simple rose.
Her favorite.
I paid and thanked them. I found my way to her grave. I knelt down beside the headstone and placed the rose on her grave.
"I missed you, Kellie. To think about all the people I could've missed. I missed you the most. I think I miss your smile more than anything." I smiled and stood up. I took one last look at her grave and read the epitaph.
"In loving memory of Kellie L. Tompkins. A wise teacher who taught her students that they could accomplish many great things." I smiled even more.
Classic Kellie.
I pressed three fingers to my lips then touched her headstone. I walked back to the car and got in.
"Who'd you visit?"
"An old friend."
She stepped on the gas and drove me home.