Part Nine

I quietly listened as I pretended to be busy at my locker. "So Ashly, you going to Homecoming with someone?" "Not really.." "Are you even going to go? You might as well bring another loser with you." Ashly didn't reply, probably embarrassed. "I'd give you some of my old dresses but you probably wouldn't fit into them."

The group of bitches laughed like hyenas. How obnoxious. "If you did go, it's in two weeks." They walked off and Ashly quietly shut her locker. "Don't mind them, they'll never make it into the real world with that narrow mindedness." I said, rolling my eyes. A small, innocent grin appeared on her face and we walked to class together.

She needed a friend, might as well stick around. I sat in class next to her, finishing my project. I stopped only to admire hers. She added tiny droplets and was painting in such a way to give an illusion that it was clear. They say art reflects the soul. Mine is guarded and stubborn and while hers is innocent and beautiful. 

The day passed but time slowed down at lunch. She told me jokes that seemed funny but they weren't to me. She seemed to be okay with my neutral attitude towards life. She sees the world as grey while I see things in black and white. She's an interesting human. So full of life and joy. I shouldn't take that away from her. She isn't worth the bloodshed. Internally I smiled. She was the definition of pure happiness.