Part Six

I'm far enough away now, he won't find me even if he cared to. Though the guilt of leaving my mother there continued to wash over me, I lit another cigarette. She's a quick healer, her wounds seem to patch faster than my father can create them. 

The cigarette balancing between my lips tastes sour, it's not doing it anymore, numbing anything.  Worthless. I could... She makes me feel something, though it be one of those most useless emotions, it's one none the less. No Kellie's not up to... Fuck it. She's getting me regardless.

A small white house, green shingles paired with gorgeous framework. The blinds pulled back. She's home, alone. I knocked on her door and she let me in. "Why are you here? You know I could lose my job just by letting you stay over."

"I know, but right now home isn't the safest place to be." She realized that I didn't want to pursue the subject any further so she dropped it. "Drew are you alright?" She touched the side of my head but I flinched and moved away. "Yeah, fine. Do you have a needle and thread? I need to get this stitched up." 

She nodded and went to her room then came back with the items. I walked into the bathroom and began cleaning the area. Pain. By the name it clearly hurts, but deep down humans seem to like it. A sickly pleasure that we all have. Another reason why people cut themselves repeatedly. I had sewn up the area and went to go sit in the living room, sighing heavily. My body aches.

She came over and moved my head back, kissing my forehead. "While you're here, we could have some.. fun." She bit her lower lip seductively and inched closer to the me, and laid down, resting her head on my lap. I played with her hair and watched the flames lick the wood in the fireplace.

Warmth. Comfort of a home, in the arms of a lover, under blankets on a cold winters night. I kissed her soft lips sweetly and sank into the couch. I looked at the clock above the mantel. 9:45. I sat up and grabbed her hand, leading her to the bedroom. She's my substitute. I untied her robe and let it fall to the floor. I hoisted her up and let her legs wrap around my waist. I kissed her with a hunger that was never nourished. I needed this, a distraction. I set her down on the bed as our bodies entangled.

Lips engulfing each other, tongues dancing and hands exploring. I took off my shirt and flung it onto the floor. My fingertips touching her soft, smooth skin. Exploring every crevasse and nook. I gripped her tightly as I kissed her hard. A quiet hatred arose within me. A weakness.

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: You may be wondering what Drew meant by "Substitute". Well, it's referring to his smoking. Another "fix" if you will. Clearly, the cigarettes aren't doing anything for him so he went onto something more.. pleasurable)