Part Twenty Nine

"That's that's cool."
Changing the subject, she said,"Hey, since it's Friday and we're friends. I was wondering if you wanted to go to a party with me."
"What kind of party.."
"What do you think? Alcohol, smoking, dancing, and maybe some drugs."
"Alright, I'm in." At least I'm trying to fit in.
Hopefully Tiff will be there. Getting close to her will be a piece of cake.
As it turned dark, Mikayla picked me up and drove over to house that was hosting the party.
"Who's house is this?"
"Tiffany Saunders'."
Well I'll be damned.
We walked inside and already there were people dancing and grinding.
"You want a drink?" She said as she yelled over the loud music.
"No thanks."
She walked over to the bar anyway and got two drinks. I wrinkled my nose at the thought at drinking.
Alcohol. Substance that destroys brain cells and makes people do things that they'll regret in the morning. Give them enough to drink and they'll tell you the truth.
I leaned against the wall, starting to get trapped in my memories.
I gave my father his bottles of alcohol just so he'd leave my mom and I alone for the night. He drank too heavily and was on the brink of passing out. I sat on his recliner and opened my mouth,"Why do you hurt us?"
"I'm in pain kid, I got no one else to hurt besides myself and you two."
I spoke the question that had been burned into my mind ever since we took him home from the hospital.
"Why do you think I'm evil?"
"You can't feel for shit! Your eyes are filled with nothing. I doubt you even have a soul. You're a freak! Ever since the accident I saw the truth. You are evil Drew, and you won't stop at nothing until everyone around you dies." The day he told me that, something in me broke. As if I was broken glass that had become more shattered. After he spewed those words he closed his eyes and slept. I never felt the stabbing pain of truth that normal people felt when people confronted them. I didn't feel anything. Deep down I felt like he was right. He still is.