Part Twelve

More muffled screams filled the air around the two of us. I dragged a knife across his skin, , cutting deeply until the skin fully separated. I tore the flesh apart, hearing the fibers tear. Screams rang in my ears but I kept tearing away at his flesh.

"You ready for the grand finale?"

He rattled the chair, desperately trying to escape. "Awe, no last words?" I tore the tape off. 

"Go to hell."

I smirked slyly,"Only if I can drag you down with me." I sliced his artery in his neck, severing it. Blood coated the garbage bag, floor and part of the wall. He bled out onto the floor, lounges draining from his eyes. I felt, free. More free than I have ever felt in a long time.

I gathered up the tarps and laid him on them. Wrapping his corpse. I dragged him out of the house and into the back woods. I stripped off my clothes and tossed them on the pile along with the rest of the evidence. I shoved everything within a dead trunk of a rotting tree. I dumped gasoline on everything shred of evidence and lit it by tossing my lit cigarette onto the carnage. 

I watched as his flesh turned black. The foul odor of his burnt flesh hit me, causing me to almost gag. I ran back into the house and took a steaming hot shower, then put on new clothes. I walked back to the remains and shoveled the remains onto another tarp. I dragged it through the woods until I found our old abandoned water well. I dropped it into the deep, forgotten well. 

Every pain that I endured had been forgotten once I heard his body thud at the very bottom off the dark abyss. I looked down the well and smiled. It was over. I walked back to the house and went to scrub some of the spilled blood that was on the floorboards. I poured bleach on a sponge and scrubbed hard then placed the furniture back the way it was before. Spotless.

I walked back to my Mother's body and sighed. "I never wanted to see you hurt, you know. I only regret not being there when you needed it." I stroked her cold hand. "Goodbye Mom.." I left the house and locked the door.

I walked to the bus stop with a cigarette balancing between my pale lips. I inhaled the smoke. I needed this. I sat down on the bench and rubbed my eyes. Tapping the ashes off of the lit end of my cigarette, I looked off into the distance. The worst was over yet this was just the beginning. A sly grin appeared on my lips.