Part Fifteen

We headed back to her house and ate Chinese food. We binge watched Riverdale. Jughead was my favorite. Her and I shipped Jetty (Jughead and Betty). We watched the entire season until it was 10:30. I headed to bed and slept comfortably. As the week started to finish off, the days felt shorter. 

On Friday I was held back after class in art. "I'm sorry I didn't reach you sooner but I'm sorry to hear about your parents." She took me into a quick hug before I had a chance to say anything. Humans have too many feelings, it's almost sickening.

I thanked her with a generous smile and headed to class. I received pity looks, it's dehumanizing. Saturday finally came and Ashly had been excited the entire day. All bubbly and talkative. "If you keep jumping around like that, you're going to spill your cereal."

"Sorry! I'm just so excited. This is honestly the first time I've gone to the dance." She giggled and took a spoonful of Grape Nuts. She is one of a kind. 

My first Homecoming., that's where I met Kellie. I don't know that was the new art teacher at the time. I was merely fifteen and she was at the ripe old age of twenty-three. I asked her to dance, not knowing that she was chaperoning for the night. She didn't seem to mind but that's when things took a turn.

We danced in the crowd, bodies grinding, music blaring as we all danced in the darkness with strobe lights flashing. I accidentally pumped into her and she purposely did it back to me, giggling. I took her hand and twirled her around until she fell into my arms. We both laughed and I remember looking down at her. 

We didn't know each other but that's when we kissed. We moved around the gym, touching and exploring. Gasping in each other's mouths. She was my first kiss, the first person I had ever touched. It wasn't until we saw each other the next day at school. I had her for class. We stopped and looked at each other, red in the face. She held me after class and we laughed out of embarrassment. That's how the whole click started. 

I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard her bowl clank in the sink, I took my own plate and went back up to my room to gather my outfit. I ironed my sear and tie.

"Give me your dress."

"Why?"

"I'm afraid your dress will get wrinkled, now grab it for me."

I ironed her dress until it was perfect. Now I waited until the party started.