Part Fourty Two

We woke up at the same time and got dressed. She drove us to school and as we entered the building, everyone was acting strange.
Tiffany.
Whispers echoed through the halls, Mikayla looked utterly confused and asked one of her popular friends what everyone was whispering about.
"You didn't watch the news? Tiffany was murdered last night.." I saw Kayla's eyes cloud with sadness, she hugged her friend and let out a few tears.
I didn't have a care in the world.
Why would I?
If you thought that a person who murdered people would have compassion for someone, you're dead wrong.
I went to my locker and Ash leaned up against the locker beside me,"Where were you last night?"
"I spent the night at Mikayla's. Why?"
"My parents were worried but um.. my dad saw her.. she was chopped into pieces Drew."
I widened my eyes to give off the impression that I cared.
"You talked to her at lunch yesterday right, what did she say?"
"We only talked about the party on Saturday. Why?"
"My dad wanted me to ask around, like if she was seeing anyone."
"Oh." Mikayla sat down next to Ash and leaned on her shoulder. "Mikayla, did you know if Tiffany was seeing anyone?"
Kayla shrugged,"She mentioned a mystery guy but that was all she said."
Mystery guy?
I'm loving these new aliases.
After school she drove me home and we parked outside the house.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"No."
"I'm sorry this happened."
I'm not sorry.
"Whoever did this, is a freak. Everything that is happening is not going to stop, Drew."
I stepped out of the car and headed inside. I walked right in the middle of a conversation.
"All Mikayla said was that Tiffany talked about some mysterious guy. That's all I got and-" Ashly turned to see me.
"Drew knows something but it won't help much."
"Well, tell me Drew." Her father looked at me. I sensed a hint of suspicion in his cold eyes.
"Tiffany talked to me at lunch yesterday and the only thing we talked about was the party. We only mentioned dancing, that's it."
He nodded but I knew that he knew that there was more than that.
I need to make my moves very carefully from now on.