Part Seventeen

We both got home and I undid my tie. She plopped down onto the couch and sighed heavily. I went and gave her two aspirins. We both went to our rooms and before I entered mine, she smiled.

"Thanks again for going as my date tonight." I nodded and we went to sleep. As the weekend passed, I was informed that the case about my parents had been closed since they couldn't find anymore evidence about my father, although they told me that I could go back to my house at anytime if I wished to do so. Murder house.

School came rather quickly as we were thrust back into another week. People talked in the hallways, reminiscing about Homecoming. I caught wind of the preppy girls talking about Ash again. A daily annoyance that never ends.

"Did you SEE her dress? And did she even have a date?"

"I'm surprised she fit into that dress!"

"If she did have a date, I'd feel really bad for the guy."

They all giggled like little school girls and I headed to class before it began.

"Please wait outside in the hall befor-" She raised her head and noticed me.

"Oh, hello."

"I wanted to apolo-" She held up her hand, requesting me to stop.

"You made a boyish move Drew. Highly low for how mature you act. Yes, we constantly see each other but that doesn't make me your object. Is that understood?"

That's all you are to me, an object. "Yes ma'am." I walked over, putting my arms around her and she slapped my hands away.

"You know better than that."

"Oh do I?" I smirked and leaned in to kiss her. She shoved me away.

"During school hours you don't touch me. You seemed to have gotten sloppy with the rules we've made."

"Hmph, if you want to play like that.. fine." I headed towards the door.

"Drew, you know I could lose my job. But you know the rules we made."

I sighed, I was getting sloppy.

"You're right, I apologize." I left the room and waited outside until everyone else showed up. The bell rang and I was the last one to enter the room. Classes flew by until we got to lunch. I sat at the table and bit into an apple. Ashly set down her tray and sighed heavily as she sat down.

"Problem there, Smiley?"

"Oh just Tiffany and the others."

She adverted her eyes as she saw that they were headed towards our table.

"Well would you look at this, Quiet and Happy." The girls giggled behind Tiffany. I took a swig of my water and rolled my eyes.

"Is there something you want to say weirdo." She snapped at me.

"Nope, nothing at all slut." I stood up to go throw my apple core out. She stood in front of me with a pitiful glare.

"And where do you find the courage to call me that!?"

"It's pretty obvious, you screw every guy on the football team, have commitment issues. And plus the way you dress. So yeah, there's many reasons why you're considered a slut. You put out because deep down, you're lonely. Yet you feel confident to get any guy that walks on two legs. Need I say more?"

Every person around me looked astonished. I shrugged and threw away my apple core like I intended to before. Her and her friends walked off to the bathroom. I don't understand why girls do that, just go alone. Bathrooms are for privacy. I sat down and Ash just looked at me in shock.

"How did you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Stand up for yourself, not caring about how she acted like a snob towards you!?"

"Because I don't care about what she thinks or says, It's just meaningless words to me." I don't care if people talked behind my back. It's just dumb gossip. The day ended and I walked home with Ash trailing behind me. "Hey, thanks again for sticking up for me."

I nodded and walked through the door, setting my bag down and sighed heavily, running my hand through my hair. My energy was drained. I closed my eyes and fell asleep on the couch.