Chapter Two - Lucas

The music bellows from above us, the guitars screeching through the final songs. A horrid stench of damp rises through the darkened room as this woman waffles on about utter nonsense. For a headlining act the backstage area really is substandard. There is only one light working in the room, the other dead. The walls are a shocking dull green with water marks staining the walls. I wouldn't let a dog sit on the tattered and soiled lounge and on one wall there is a grimy mirror, below it a table with a chair that looks like it would collapse if a feather landed on it.

This woman, Estelle, who I have known for approximately an hour now, tries to be helpful in guiding me through my new client, Scarlett Marconi, punk singer and a total hellcat she warns me. Great. She begins to pack her things for her, everything piled into a large bag. But you already knew she was a handful, didn't you Lucas? Lester, my dearest and oldest friend, here to help me with my plans tonight. Yes, my research on this girl has already advised me that I have a wonderful adventure ahead of me. He laughs hard. Pretending to be her new manager, how devious of you. Well how else was I supposed to get near her? The security around this chick is unbelievable. Getting her out is going to be fun he groans. So long as we stick to our plan, everything will be fine.

Ten minutes later she walks in, looking very tired but still as beautiful as the pictures from the magazines. Her long black hair is soaked in sweat right down to the green tips. Those big blue eyes watch me as she walks toward us, so slow it's like time has stopped. Her frame is petite, the short skirt hugs her hips and thighs showing her gorgeous curves. And then there's the other curves, I know I'm going to be a dribbling mess by the end of the night. It's made all the worse because of the neckline sitting low over her cleavage. Damn Lucas, she is hot. I know I near on gush, realising how much I had struck the jackpot. Do you need a towel to wipe the drool? No, I'm good. He laughs in my mind.

"Scarlett, this is Lucas Cole, your new manager."

Cole? Lester chuckles darkly. A name easily forgotten Lester. I wander over to her to shake her hand, hearing her thoughts as I step into the light. Did you hear that? She thinks you're a stunner. I laugh in my mind, All the more better.

"Ok. I am off. Come here gorgeous." Estelle hugs her, her final goodbye before her retirement.

"Send me a postcard."

Ready? Yep.

"Will do."

Watching Estelle walk out of the room, the door slams shut, Lester waits on the outside of the door, making sure we are not interrupted. I can smell her blood; god damn she smells good. Lust pours through my body as I pin her to the wall, fear washes over her face. Leaning into her neck, I can smell her blood it's so much heavier the closer I am to her skin. My fangs scrape along her beautifully soft skin, so perfect, a pale pink slightly tinged with a redness from the heat, the sweat from performing. She struggles underneath my body, her heart beating harder is such a turn on.

"Get off me." she spits out.

I look up at her, anger and fear, both emotions struggling for supremacy. I put my hand over her mouth, her warm skin is like fire to me, so hot.

"Quiet or you will be dead."

The lust moves quickly through my body; her blood entices me back to her neck. How I crave her but fear her at the same time. What if it isn't her? What if Miranda got it wrong? As if Miranda got it wrong Lester says. What if she isn't sweet, how could I have an eternity with someone who isn't my soul mate? She will be Lucas, stop stressing and get it over and done with.