Chapter Thirteen - Lucas

I looked out the window of the lounge room, seeing the sun shining for a brief moment. The rain had been drizzling all day long, making for a very boring day inside for all of us. But now the sun was shining, even though it was slowly dropping down in the sky line, it still shone brightly. The droplets of rain glistened on the leaves that sat just outside the window, I could hear birds tweeting brightly. This might just be a perfect moment outside with Scarlett. Get her outside and into the fresh air, maybe a little fun in the apple orchard. My body tingled with anticipation, the thought of pressing her into a tree and lavishing kisses all over her, pulling the clothes from her body and loving her in the tranquillity of nature. Lust swirled through my body, feeling the need to have her soon. I searched the castle for her, the need was driving me crazy. She was in her room, dressing for dinner. I was shocked, she actually picked out something reasonable. A pretty white dress with thin straps over her shoulders. Buttons trailed down the front of the dress, the skirt sat three quarters of the way down her thighs.

"How about a walk around the gardens? Dinner is a while away, a quick walk before the sun sets completely."

Her eyes widen with delight soon joined by one very big smile.

"Ok."

She willingly takes my hand and lets me lead her through the gardens. The sky begins to darken as we reach the apple orchard. As she wraps her arm around the tree she slowly swings around it, the smile on her face is nothing that I have ever seen. The rain begins to fall, wetting us rather quickly. Scarlett leans against the trunk of a tree, the water trickles down her neck to the soft white material of her dress. The lust begins to build in me as I watch the rise and fall of her chest. Her skin is pale now, having spent too long inside out of the sun. She seems thinner now, being sick didn't help. I knew she had lost weight during that week of sickness, unable to eat solid food for the first couple of days. All she had was chicken soup, water and crackers. That was all that she could handle, her stomach refused to keep anything else down. Hopefully with a little time she will regain the weight, I didn't like the sight of her this thin. She was tired too, spending far too long awake at night, writing songs, wandering the corridors like a ghost. It pained me to see her like this, I would give anything to tell her, to ease her suffering. But I can't. Still under orders by the grand council to keep the secret.

A vein on her neck pulses close to the skin, the throbbing echoes through me like a large bass drum. It thumped harder and harder, filling my mind, spurning on the lust. I move closer to her; the sweet scent of perfume wafts up to me as I trail kisses from the edge of her lips to her jaw. Her hands pull me in, lifting my shirt out of my pants. The searing touch of her hands against my waist makes me gasp, breathing heavily as her hands move higher up my chest. Then she scratches back down to my navel, making me groan low. She giggles as I kiss her neck, smelling her sweet perfume.

Scarlett playfully slaps at my side as I smell along her neck, the blood so enticing. I can feel the lust burning through me as I look up at her. The echoing of the drum drowns out all other rational thoughts, my heart beats and sends the blood in my body shooting through me. Her breathing became more erratic as my hands trailed down her chest to the edge of her dress, tearing it open. Buttons shot out as my fingers pulled the dress down, the straps falling over her shoulders and down her arms. Scarlett giggles again as I kiss her neck, moving downwards. I could smell her blood pumping furiously through her heart and back around her body, it was deafening as my lips trailed kisses all over her chest. The hunger begins to burn in me, the thumping in my head was beginning to hurt, my mouth watering, yearning for another taste of her.

Somewhere in the lust that had been building for her, it changed. It changed for the worse. Blood lust had begun. The happy smile on her face drops instantly.