Chapter Eleven - Lucas

When I returned to the castle, I found she had been very busy. The first thing I had noticed as I approached the garages was the attendants talking to the gardeners. My father was there as well, looking rather mortified. Then I saw it. One of the very expensive cars, namely my father's Corvette had been taken out onto the grass, massive circles had been dug into the ground. Because it had been raining on and off all day, there was mud everywhere. It had been flicked up all over the car. Scarlett had been doing doughnuts on the lawn in my father's precious car. I took a very deep breath and waited for the onslaught. The gardener was livid, he had spent many days keeping the lawn perfect, readying it for the summer party season. The attendant was just as annoyed, not only was the car completely covered in mud but it was still out there, looking rather bogged down. Then there was my father who was being quiet calm about it all, which was surprising.

"Afternoon all."

Even though they were beyond annoyed, the staff still bowed and greeted me.

"Son, walk with me."

He was being far, far too restrained. We walked along the edge of the building to my mother's rose garden, my jaw dropped.

"Oh god no."

"Yes, she has been busy."

Every single rose had been cut, now it was just a sea of stems, whatever it was that she had used wasn't around but by the smashed window beside us I'm figuring it won't take much to find it.

"Shall we continue?"

"There's more?"

"Oh my word yes." he stifled his grin.

"You are being rather relaxed father."

"What can I do about it Lucas? She is bored, she is angry. She wants to go home and in doing these things she hopes that you will grant her that wish."

"And mother?" I gesture to the bare ground where her flowers were.

"Your mother was about to harvest the roses anyway Lucas, she did us all a favour but don't be telling her that."

We rounded the building again now at the end where the pool was. All of the outdoor furniture was at the bottom of the pool.

"Shall we venture out of the rain and continue her path of destruction?"

I sighed and followed my father to my bedroom, the last of her misbehaviour. She had trashed my room again. Wandering over to the bed, I looked at the fort that she had made, the sign. Yet again with the age jokes. I know I am going to get a life time of her and her subtle jibes about the age gap between us. And her music had been put out on display. Her music wasn't what I normally listened to, in fact of late I hadn't the time to be listening to anything. But as part of the research into her, I bought every single piece of music she had released and listened to it. Her voice was amazing but of course that was to be expected now that we know she is a descendant of Miranda. I could see so much of Miranda in her which was a little odd seeing as her line first began about ten thousand years ago. She was strong and stubborn, fiery and very cheeky. All traits that Miranda clearly had passed down the line. I walked into the robe to remove my jacket, the hanger wouldn't budge from the rail. Squinting at it I realised why.

"Damn it Scarlett!" I grumbled as I tried to find the end of the sticky tape.

"Have you seen your bathroom son?" my father could not hide the humour in his voice.

"Do I want to?"

"Yes, I think you might." he laughed.

It made me smile, she was quite cheeky about it all. Regardless of how much she had destroyed I couldn't help but smile. But that's where the happiness stopped, I could hear her thoughts, they were so loud it was like she was screaming it to the world.

"She's on the roof." my father's voice low from behind. "Quite a sullen mood too."

"Yes, I know. I can't wait." I groan as I leave my room.

When I left the castle this morning she was in a playful mood, by the time I had returned she was upset and angry. I let her yell at me, letting her pour her emotions out, knowing she needed to vent. She stirred up emotions in me, her words about her family and how they would feel, how Zach and Gabriella would feel if something happened to me. Little did she know that I was in a very similar situation with Oliver and Annabella still missing. My days of searching were still fruitless, now I was going alone, my father could take it anymore. Many vampires had gone missing in this area, never a body to be found, they just vanished. I knew that slayers were responsible, they always were. The general population of humans knew nothing of our existence, it was the slayers that hunted us.

She stormed down the stairs to her room, I followed closely behind. My father was waiting in the shadows.

"One call wouldn't hurt Lucas. Let her call her mother, the poor dear is suffering."

"Terrance would have kittens."

"Yes, yes. I know."

His hands link in behind his back as he walks beside me down the hallway.

"You will never get her to love you if she is like this."

We stop outside her door, as a maid passes us, he grabs a laundry basket and hands it to me.

"Give a little, get a little. You have the ability to listen, warn her to behave herself, it will be fine."

He wanders down the hall, a slight chuckle hums in the air.

"You worry too much Lucas." he mutters, disappearing into the darkness.

"Yeah, because I know what Terrance will say." I groan as I open the door.

She scowled at me as I sat down behind her, her clothes sodden, the lounge damp. To my surprise, my father was right. The phone call was exactly what she needed and I was back in her good books. If only she didn't get a cold from being in the rain. Her being sick allowed me time to plan things, getting things for her. I know Terrance suggested that her boredom would make her turn faster, but I had my doubts. Her boredom was just causing problems for the staff. They were not impressed at having to re-iron my shirts, Zach's attempt at straightening my robe was rather half arsed and Beatrice spent quiet sometime fixing it up. They were most pleased when they saw that I had put a DVD player in her room and when they were straightening her room one day they suggested some paper for her, rather than have her writing on the walls.

As the days progressed she got better and I could tell from her mind that I was definitely on the right track. She might have ignored her thoughts the other night when we had sex, but they still were very dominant in her mind, quiet often I heard her mind, the struggle she was having with her thoughts of me. I knew persistence was the key to winning her over.