Chapter Twenty-seven - Scarlett

I wake in the morning, the sun blaring into my eyes. I roll over to face away from it and my hand hits something hard. My eyes jolt open to see a guitar on the bed beside me. I sit up, wrapping the sheet around my naked body and run my fingers along the strings up the neck. Holy shit, a Fender Stratocaster. It is gorgeous, a glossy black body with a white insert under the strings and the knobs. Tucked into the strings is a pretty pink pick. I pull the pick out and pick up the guitar, playing it quietly. I cannot help but grin, this is awesome.

"You like?"

I look up, Lucas leans on the closed door. Man he is quiet. I nod, watching him move closer. He sits on the bed, leaning over my legs as I stop playing. He leans in and softly kisses me on the cheek.

"Happy birthday."

"Thanks." I whisper. "How did you know?"

"Oh please, your number one fan lives under this roof, as if there isn't anything he doesn't already know about you." he rolls his eyes. "And drone on about it too."

"No need to be so harsh about yourself."

He squints an eye at me with a smirk.

"You are very talented." he says quietly.

"Yeah, shame someone kidnapped me."

"Teach me."

"What?"

"How to play."

That was a quick change of subject snarky interrupts. Avoiding the subject, I think you mean sarcastic corrects her.

He moves into the centre of the bed crossing his legs. I turn it over and place it in his lap, taking his hand and placing it around the neck, fingers into various chord positions. Surprisingly he picks it up rather quickly and I wonder if he already knows how to play. He stops playing suddenly and puts the guitar on the bed beside him. I know what his intentions are, I know why he stopped playing. I get off the bed before he has a chance, moving to the robe. My stomach growls, yearning for breakfast and if he starts it could be lunch time before I would get out of the bedroom. I quickly put my bra and pants on.

"Going to behave yourself today?"

He slides his hand over my stomach as he kisses my neck.

"Never."

I can feel him smirk against my skin as his hand moves south slowly. It takes all my strength to resist him. My mind yells at me telling me how much I really want this but I can't give in to him.

"Get dressed. I want to show you something."

"Lucas..." he turns from the doorway of the robe to look at me. "Can I call home today?"

He frowns as he thinks about it.

"Please?"

"Ok."

*****************************************

Lucas drags me through the long grass up a hill, a basket in the other hand.

"Can we stop? I'm hungry."

"We are almost there."

When we reach the crest of the hill he stops, letting me take in the valley below. It is positively gorgeous, the deep green grass dotted with purple flowers flows alongside the dark rock face. The early morning mist hangs low almost covering the snow-capped mountain in the distance. I turn to say something to him and find he has moved to below an enormous tree. He flicks out a blanket, when he sits and rests against the tree he pats the ground beside him. Reluctantly I sit beside him, he said this was breakfast and I can't imagine there is another human in that tiny basket.