Chapter Eighteen - Scarlett

I was in the lounge room when I heard Zach moaning about something then Lucas grumping at him, all in very hushed tones. Something about school, I heard my name mentioned a few times. As quiet as I could I got up from the lounge and stood by the closed half of the double doors, watching them with one eye past the edge of the door, my fingers held the door in place.

"Please Lucas, do you know how awesome it would be?"

"No."

"Come on, I'm not going to try anything. Jeez."

"No she might try and escape."

"She won't escape and I will go down in history as the only person to take a rock star to their formal. You owe me big time, remember?"

"I may owe you one, but you will not redeem it on this, it isn't safe. You will be able to find another girl to take, I'm sure they are hanging around like a bad smell."

"No they aren't. It's not fair, you take away Jenna, you won't let me take Scarlett. How about I just not go?"

"God you are such a drama queen."

"And you're a possessive arsehole."

Zach moved to the front door, he saw me watching them. Lucas turned and saw me, he was about to say something but I moved from the door, not really interested in speaking to either of them. One of them is possessive, the other wants to share, what a great family.

My stomach growled, requesting some form of culinary intake. I wandered into the kitchen, deciding to raid the pantry. There was a huff and the sound of someone slumping into a chair at the work bench. I grabbed a packet of chips and wandered out of the pantry to a shocked Zach.

"Jeez you're quiet."

I shrug at him as I open the packet, starving for the saltiness, the crispiness of these divine little fat makers.

"I can offer a solution to your problem, but I require a phone."

"And permission to use the phone." Lucas grunts from behind me.

I roll my eyes as I stuffed the chips into my mouth.

"What's your solution?" Zach asks a little too eagerly.

"Candy."

"Doesn't Candy have a boyfriend?"

"Candy changes boyfriends more times than she changes her underpants. I wouldn't worry about it."

"Please Lucas." Zach begs. "This would be so freaking cool."

"Fine." he passes his phone to me. "Behave yourself."

"Where's my phone?" I ask as I dump the chip packet on the bench.

"Probably wherever you left it."

"With my stuff at the auditorium." I groan. "Did you bring any of it or did you just take me and the car?"

"Just you." he grins.

I press the buttons for Candy's mobile number, luckily it's easy to remember.

"Hello?"

"Hey Candy cane."

"Scare bear, where are you?"

"At a retreat for the anaemic."

"What?"

I laugh. "It's a joke Candy."

"Oh. Management's going ape shit, tour promoter is threatening everyone with a massive law suit."

I raise my eyebrows at Lucas to which he rolls his eyes at me.