Chapter Six - Lucas

The night had passed with no further issues with Scarlett's sleepwalking and the day was amusing for all members of the house. Scarlett has a great right hook and sadly I got to find out how much of a punch she can pack. Who would have thought that someone as tiny as her could cause so much damage? After the previous night's events all members of the house decided to keep an eye on her, knowing that if she were to venture into the forest it would not be pretty.

Beatrice rose quickly to her feet, curtsying as I entered the room.

"I can take over watching her Beatrice."

"Of course."

I waited patiently as she left the room, then ventured over to Scarlett, climbing into the bed with her. It felt like heaven as she rolled over into my arms. She snuggled into my chest muttering something about Asher.

"What about Asher?" I whisper.

She says nothing but the frown on her face is something else. I pull the long black hair from her face and tuck it behind her ear. Her head lays back into the crook of my arm as my fingers run over her cheek.

"Scarlett?"

Again she says nothing.

"What do you think about Lucas?"

She frowns again.

"Lucas is an arsehole." she whispers.

"And you are a defiant, pain in the arse."

Her eyes fly open and then she scowls at me, eyes narrowing as she moves away from me.

"What are you doing in my bed?"

"Keeping an eye on you. Even in your sleep you're a handful."

"Well, you don't need to be in my bed to do that."

I slide in closer to her, she tries to push me away but fails.

"You were the one that snuggled into me Scarlett."

I move onto her body, even though she complains and protests, she doesn't put up much of a fight and surprisingly her legs open more for me. I hover just over her lips, how I crave another kiss.

"You tell me what goes on in that mind of yours."

"I think your imagining things."

She stares at me with those beautiful big blue eyes, her skin illuminated by the moonlight shining in through the window.

"So you're saying you don't want this?"

My lips skim hers as I dig myself harder into her, knowing what is running through her mind. It doesn't match what comes out of her mouth.

"No."

"Liar." I grin as I gently kiss her, pulling on her bottom lip. "You forget I can hear your thoughts."

"Stay out of my mind."

I kiss along her jaw and down her neck as I whisper never. She smells so tantalising, I would love to have another taste of her, but there is something else that I would much prefer at this moment. I can hear her heart beat hard, her breathing erratic as my hand moves down her body. She gasps when my hand finds the split in her dress.

"Your hand is cold, get it out."

"If you turn it won't be."

She rolls her eyes with a scoffing noise. My hand ventures further in, finding something quite amusing.