Chapter Eight - Lucas

I had spent the majority of the afternoon finding her some underwear, it would have to have been the most embarrassing couple of hours of my day. Of course the woman in the store was more than helpful and gladly took my money, a lot of money. But by the end of it, there was a multitude of frills and scraps of material, beautifully boxed and bagged. It would have been nice to spend the afternoon watching her go through the items but when I returned home and found my room and what she had done to it, I felt like taking a match to the new purchases.

I stared at the welcome home sign, bits of flesh showing in the lettering. She'd hacked a magazine, not just any old bit of smut, it was a collector's magazine. I wanted to cringe, a rare piece of magazine history was hanging in pieces in my robe, the rest of it was scattered in thousands of pieces around the floor. As I stood in the wardrobe I could hear my father behind me laughing.

"Try and see the funny side of it Lucas."

"Really? The funny side of this?" I gesture to all of my clothes on the floor of the robe. "Do I have to clean this up or should I make one of the maids do it?"

Something catches my eye, my military jacket is the only thing left hanging. I open the top draw of my cabinet, all of the medals are still intact.

"Why would she leave these things?"

My mother appears behind my father, gasping at the scene before her.

"Who was in here with her?"

"How do you know someone was in here?"

"The jacket, the medals, who was it?"

It was the gaze of my younger brother, hiding behind our mother that caught my attention.

"You."

"Fine. So I was in here, I didn't help her at all. I just picked your jacket up and told her not to touch the medals."

"Well you can pick all this shit up. I don't see why the maids should be punished."

He begins to protest.

"No Zachary, Lucas is right, this wouldn't be fair on the maids. Hop to it."

My parents and I step out of the robe and leave Zach to his punishment.

"Rather ingenious of her, don't you think?"

"Ingenious?" I frown at my father.

"Yes, she takes out her aggression in you in a passive way. Better than her first day here, wouldn't you agree?"

I rub my jaw where she punched me.

"Yes, very much so."

"Quite the prankster." my mother laughs. "I think you might just have your work cut out for you son."

"Yeah, great." I mutter.

"Get even, don't get angry."

"How so?"

"Well, she does something like this, do something to her in return."

"It would certainly do better than throwing her against walls." a voice echoes from the robe.

"Yes, I need advice about women from a seventeen-year-old."

He pokes his head around the corner, a cheeky sneer on his face.

"I reckon I'm closer to getting into her pants that you are."

"Zachary!" our mother scolds him.