Chapter Twenty-eight - Scarlett

By the time the clock strikes five, everyone has arrived and I lean on the balcony watching them move into the dining room. Zach stands beside me, clearly not interested in the goings on at the table.

"So I suppose you are wondering about the peeps at the table right?"

"Yeah."

"Ok, so you know Alina, Queen." he speaks lowly.

"The dude on the medal?"

"Her father."

"Oh."

"So, Alina, Queen of the realm..."

"Sorry, realm?"

"Yes, this is the vampire realm known to us as the Elm'Nyth realm, there are two more, one for the werewolves, which Finn is second in line for after his father the man beside him, King Lorccán, their realm is known as the Askara'velmanti realm. Then there is Phabel, his father King Eris of the Loach Issralk realm, shape shifters. Now beside Alina is her husband Alex who also happens to be Phabel's cousin. Beside Alex is his father Alexandru Senior, king of Santrina."

"Another realm?"

"No. A vampiric kingdom within this realm. Alina is queen of Rostonin, another kingdom and your newly acquired friend Patrick will one day be king of Corosontri after his father King Philippe. Patrick's wife Lilly is nobility, royalty by marriage."

"And the other two?"

"Ahh, Terrance, Alina's right hand man and the Duke of Arque, he's like third in line to the throne in his kingdom and then there is Miranda." he pauses, looking like he is lusting over her.

I could understand why, she is gorgeous.

"Miranda was made by the one and has no parents and is as old as the earth itself."

"You cannot be serious; she does not look a day older than thirty."

"Well it is the truth."

"Wait, what do you mean made by the one?"

"Our maker."

"God?"

"Sort of, it is hard to explain."

"So, if they are all kings and queens and varying forms of royalty, why is Lucas and Henry in there?"

Zach's face drops and his eyes dart to the table and back to me.

"Didn't he tell you?"

"Tell me what?" I say cautiously.

"Dad's the king of our kingdom."

"Please tell me you are joking."

"No."

I chuckle.

"What?"

"I was just remembering dinner my first night there, I called Lucas princess, how right was I?"

He grins at me, obviously remembering how much fun that night was. We watch as Terrance holds a map up to the wall, big lines running through it.

"What are they talking about?"

He frowns for a moment.

"Zach?"

"Hang on a sec."

His face contorts into all sorts of expressions, finally he sighs.

"Thank the stars." he murmurs.